“Cheap but unfit to stay in.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #68 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
TECUMSEH
“Cheap but unfit to stay in.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The ceiling was falling down and had been repaired many times and painted over in many areas. The continental breakfast was worst I had ever seen. One ice machine and no vending machines. Carpet was filthy. TV outdated.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Lexington, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the econo lodge due to family issues I really wish I had taken time to read reviews. The price was ok but when I got to the room I settled in and begin looking around within 10 mins my socks were dirty from the carpet and as I turned back the bed covers I was greeted with sheets that had cigarette burns in them and the pillow cases were a weird stain of yellow. I inspected the bathrrom where I found a used condom in the tub and the wrapper in the trash can. I called the front desk to complain but was told by the desk clerk that she was not authorized to refund $$ or switch rooms so I stayed and slept at the computer desk in a chair. The next morning I spoke to the mgr he said he was mgr. He informed me that since I had occupied the room all night no refund was available. So steer clear of this hotel it's dirty, sleazy, ripoff

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Eagan, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I decided to stay in Lexington for the night and all we needed was a bed for each of us and a place to sleep. We were able to get this but it was pretty low class - for $40 what can we expect though!

When we arrived the attended asked if we wanted to look at the room before we paid and the first one we looked at was just plain dirty in the bathroom..... Mold in the tub under the liner. The second room we looked at was teremdously cleaner in the bathroom but the wall paper was peeling of the wall.

Like I said for our purposes it got the job done when all we needed were beds and a shower.... But to minimal standards.

On a side note, this hotel is located right next to a gentlemen's club (kinda weird) but still felt safe.

Good Luck!

• Stayed October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was traveling by car and needed a place to stay for the night. When I have a budget, I don't care if I stay in the best hotel, I just care about safety, clean linens, and no bugs. I chose this hotel because research online told me it was a cheaper hotel located off the Interstate. The location is very close to the Interstate and offers easy on, easy off access. There is a gas station next door for cheaper snacks and sodas than the vending machines on the motel property. I arrived at the hotel just before breakfast and the person working the front desk was willing to give me a room for ten dollars until the check out time. I found that to be very nice. Breakfast was a variety of cold cereals, milk, coffee, and stale donuts and pastries. The person who checked me in broke two rules of hotel safety: my room number was said aloud twice, and get this -- instead of given a folder or paper with a room number on it, the room numbers are taped to the hotel key. What??? Who does that?? I was informed of an outdoor pool but was unable to locate it, and based on the rooms I wouldn't want to use the pool. The rooms were outdated, yellow walls, and dented furniture and thin, fragile linens. The carpet was clean in the sense that there was no dirt, but they were stained badly. Wear socks. The toilet barely stuck to the floor and I was worried it would leak; it was tippy. The light above the sink was burned out. Light entered the room from the door. The ceiling had an old water stain across the length of the room. There was a deadbolt, but even with that locked, housekeeping gave me a rude awakening by walking in on me and they did not knock before entering. There was no secondary latch/lock on the door; it was broken. There was no alarm clock in the room and I would not trust the front desk to get a wake up call on time. Set your cell phone.

TLDR; Good place to stay if all you need is a place to sleep for a few hours.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Shame on me for not doing my homework before booking. I was looking for a convenient stop on my way to a houseboat vacation. We had a group of 8 put into 2 rooms. We researched for a pool area where we could all sit outside and visit. They adverise an indoor pool and outside courtyard. HA! The pool/courtyard is at an adjacent second location which they share. We could work with this inconvenience but everything else was a health hazard at best. The rooms are full of black mold. Holes in the bathroom ceiling, tub disconnected from the wall and leaking all over the floor. Toilet rocking and fithy. Bathroom lights set on a timer that could not be set for more tan 12 minutes (sadly, no light may have been a good thing )Bedding was stained and holey. Mattresses torn, worn, and Awful. The stench was an overpowering scent that i couldnt identify. While in the parking lot we wittnessed a 'sale/deal' of some sort, little doubt it was drugs...perhaps patrons from the strip joint next door. We had booked here thinking, it is just one short night and we will save $20+. BEWARE not taking home bed bugs and/or something worse is well worth a few bucks. Choice privlideges should be ashamed!

• Stayed August 2012