“Great staff, wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Lexington South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5575 Athens-Boonesboro Road, Lexington, KY 40509   |
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Curacao
“Great staff, wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

Our stay at the days inn Lexington south was great! From the moment we arrived until we left the staff was very caring and welcoming to us. Our room was spacious and everything in it worked. The beds were always made up and very clean. When we had problems with our toilet they immediately came and fixed the problem and told us that it was the new toilet paper they ordered that caused the problem because it was so thick. The breakfast was ok but I would've liked seeing some warm options like eggs or bacon. All in all a great place to stay for not that much money!

• Liked — It was close to allot of the things we wanted to do.
  • Disliked — Said it had a gym, but that's not even finished yet.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in Sept. and when I needed to return, I didn't even bother looking at other hotels. The location is great, right off I75 south of Man O War.

The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, the rooms have fridges and microwaves, expanded cable, the desks in the king rooms are large enough to actually work at, and the wifi worked flawlessly.

I asked for a ground floor room because I had a lot of stuff to carry in. There are no interior corridors here, but as a single woman traveling alone, I was not at all worried and felt very safe during both my stays. The 'questionable' business nearby mentioned in another post is a gentlemans club, but it didn't degrade this hotel, in my opinion.

The continental breakfast was limited, but they have a small lobby and that was to be expected.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — location of the hotel and room comfort
  • Disliked — not a thing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

Overview:
I stayed at the Days Inn Lexington South for 1 night earlier this month--April 2007.

First Impression:
It's your basic roadside motel, two stories with stairs. Nothing special, but not bad. There was a police car parked adjacent to the lobby the entire time I was there, I didn't know what that was about.

Location:
The motel was very easy to find off of the Interstate. You're in the outskirts of town with nothing exciting around, but downtown was only about 10 minutes away down the same road the motel was on. The area seemed pretty quiet and safe.

What's Nearby:
There was another hotel on one side, a Waffle House across the street, and some sort of Gentleman's Club on the other side. I love the Waffle House, but if you wanted to eat anywhere else you'd have to hop in the car for a short ride.

Lobby:
The lobby was very small and plain with no atmosphere and smelled of stale smoke when I checked in. There were a few tables for breakfast.

Staff:
The young man who checked me in was not rude, but he made no attempt to be friendly or welcoming. I asked him for suggestions for tourist attractions and he said he had no idea what was around there--that seemed strange. He never smiled or seemed to care that I was there. The older man who was on duty when I checked out also wasn't very friendly, but oh well.

Check-in/Check-out:
Check-in was quick and efficient, no problems, as was check-out. I was given a first floor room facing the front, very close to the lobby, as I requested.

Room:
My non-smoking room was fine--old furnishings and everything was well worn, but it was clean and fresh smelling. It was decent size, but I could tell it hadn't been renovated in years. Nothing to rave about. My room was very quiet and peaceful at night.

Parking:
There's tons of free parking right in front of your room.

Breakfast:
The continental breakfast was minimal but toast and juice was adequate for me and I appreciate having a free breakfast anyways. I could sit and watch the morning news before starting my day.

Price:
I paid about $48 for my room, which was about right. This hotel is clean and safe, which is all I ask for. But there are no special amenities or perks so anything more than $50 would be too high.

Problems:
There's nothing much around the hotel (well there's the Gentlemen's Club), so I felt a bit isolated. The lobby was pretty plain (I love a comfortable, warm, nice lobby!!!). There's no pool or business center for checking Internet. Staff didn't go out of their way to be helpful or friendly. The worst part is at breakfast the older man working handled the doughnuts with his hands, transferring them from their box to the serving dish without using tongs. He had been working behind the desk, then began handling the doughnuts without washing his hands. I'm not a germophobe or anything, but I thought this was gross. There also could have been a more expansive breakfast selection.

Conclusion:
Tis was a stopover for me as I passed through Lexington. The Super 8 was clean, safe, and pretty comfortable for a low price. But there was nothing special in terms of amenities, customer service, location, or convenience. If you need a room for the night, it's fine, but beyond that just keep looking.

Please email me if you have any questions about the Super 8 Lexington South please email me, JenPerna@aol.com.

• Liked — Low price, easy to find off interstate, clean, safe neighborhood.
  • Disliked — Staff was not friendly or helpful, nothing much around, minimal breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Midwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

Avoid--the room we were given smelled of urine.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — The fact that I was given a room with an unacceptable odor.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

I just stayed at this hotel based on two earlier 2005 reviews.
The hotel has been remodeled. It was extermely clean and very-well maintained. Breakfast was modest, but adequate: cereal, donuts, juice and coffee. Good cable with HBO; wireless Internet service.

Host was very freindly and accommodating.
The price: a (weekend) Saturday AAA rate for two double beds: $50.10; with tax about $56. Can't be beat. High Value for the money!
This may be one of the best bargains in Lexington, which is notoriously high with hotel prices...even with the cheaper chains.

• Stayed July 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
floral park NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

at $39 this place is a great value. clean room, good location. would recommend if passing through and looking for a good, cheap spot to stay.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Days Inn Lexington South? Share your experiences!