“Not too bad!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Ky

Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Ky
You added Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Ky to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Ky
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1987 North Broadway, I-75 and I-64, Lexington, KY 40505   |
Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Batavia, New York
“Not too bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights. I didn't think it was all that bad. We arrived very early (10:30 AM) and they could not accommodate us. We came back at 2:30 and a room was still not available. We went to the bar adjacent to the hotel and within10 minutes the front desk gentleman came over and told us the room was ready! I was impressed with the customer service. Our room was clean. The hotel is dated and needs some work. The pool was great. We were not near the bar/restaurant so I cannot speak to the noise of that, but there were a lot of sirens. I enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: You pay for what you get. All in all not too bad!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Demossville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a great hotel if you don't plan to sleep. Our room was beside the bar, which played loud music until 2:30 a.m. We booked our room so that our 11 year old daughter could get plenty of sleep before the state speech contest. When my husband complained, they said that there was a lounge in the picture on the internet. We have never heard of a bar lounge that plays music so loudly or so late that it disturbs the guests. We were very disappointed and our family only got 4 hours of sleep before such an important event. Stay somewhere else!!!

Nathan D, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Ky, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that all of your comments and issues will be addressed. I have personally addressed the noise level with the adjacent lounge and they will be taking the necessary steps to control the volume of the live music.
I have also discussed your concerns with our front desk staff. Families and guests not interested in the connecting lounge should never be assigned a room in the section in which you were assigned. Please contact me directly so we may discuss this further so I may turn this negative into a positive.
Nathan Dodge - GM
8592991202 ex 767
Emerson, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

When reserving, we were supposed to be getting a discounted rate using AARP, but on arrival we learned that the rooms were booking for $12 less without the discount. We reserved four rooms for a family July 4th celebration, but on arrival one of the rooms was found to be dirty with towels on the floors, beds un-made. Of course, we found this room after we checked in. The beds in all four of our rooms were dirty and extremely uncomfortable. When we lay on the bed, it was as if our feet were elevated because the center of the beds were so worn. There was food under the beds around the headboard, bugs in the windows and cracks and crevices of the bathroom, mold growing around the shower, and a musty smoky scent throughout. Our room keys were deactivated on our second day, even though we were booked for multiple nights. I have never been to a Days Inn that was so filthy and it has nothing to do with the age of the hotel. Stay away, there are other hotels in the area that would be better for you and your family!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nathan D, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Ky, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to make us aware of the problems you experienced during your recent stay here at the Days Inn & Suites Lexington, KY. I apologize that your experience this year was anything less than satisfying and that we were unable to meet the standards you have come to expect from us here in Lexington over the past 8 years. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Thank you for your loyalty to us over the years and returning year after year. I assure you that these concerns have already been addressed and please contact me directly to book your stay next July as we discussed. It was a pleasure speaking with you today and I look forward to your phone call prior to your next visit to Lexington.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope that we have made it right.
See you in July.
If I can provide any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 8592991202 ext. 767.

Nathan Dodge
Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

When quoted the room rate we were not told or offered any information about the room safe and the hidden fee associated. We were just a one night stay over so a room with a sage was not a need of ours. The Cont. Breakfast was less than desirable. A light in the room was not working and the tv had an unusually long delay between channels. The only ice machine was out of ice or not working.

Room was clean but the toilet was not. Room had an overall musty smell. There is an adjacent restaurant/bar which had a band playing which played until 2:30AM which from our room you could hear that it was country music but barely auditable. If you were a lite sleeper you would have had a long night.

All employees were very friendly and kind.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nathan D, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Ky, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that all your other comments and issues will be addressed. I would like to take a moment to discuss a few of your concerns. First and foremost, the noise from the adjacent bar and restaurant. We spoke with the restaurant management staff and they have address the volume levels and made the proper adjustments. That music is for their customers inside their establishment, not our guests looking for good nights sleep. We want the, on site, restaurant and lounge to be a positive amenity for our guests, not something negative. In regards to our ice machines, we do actually have six machines total. Management has check them all personally and they seem to all be in working order. Occasionally, one will run out of ice and we apologize for that inconvenience. Our friendly staff will to do a better job of giving the guests the lay out of the property; so guests may find another ice machine if needed and are aware of amenities they may or may not be interested in. Lastly, our continental breakfast not meeting you standards will be looked in to immediately. We are carrying all the Days Inn standard item plus biscuits, gravy, and sausage. There may have been an ordering or delivery issue and I will make the changes to ensure whatever the issue was, it will not happen again.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If traveling in Lexington, KY again please contact me directly. I would like issue a credit for your unused safe, discuss your inconveniences further, and personally see that your next stay with us is a perfect stay. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your previous stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Don't hesitate to contact me directly at 859-299-1202 ex 767.

Nathan Dodge
Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Kentucky

Been to Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Ky? Share your experiences!