“Great Team” 4 of 5 stars

Stay For Breakfast!
Ranked #25 of 65 hotels in Lexington
“Great Team”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Kudos or Raleih and her amazing energy and attitude. The property is under renovation so it was a bit messy. Nevertheless the room was new and clean, the Bistro service was good, the location was excellent. The next time I visit Lexington on business I will stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sutton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were headed home after a brief stay in KY and stopped overnight at this hotel.
We arrived at 8:28 PM on 3/10/2014 and the girl at the front desk wasn't pleasant. She asked if I had any discounts and I told her we have AAA. She then said they don't give AAA discounts when the hotel is almost filled. She gave us room 319 which hadn't been used, at least, since Dec 2013 because the date was on the pamphlets. The water was shut off to the toilet. There was no water pressure to flush and I had to wipe off dried droplets of pee on the seat and kill a spider by the bath door. The shampoo and conditioner were already opened and half used. The room had a faint odor of grease. They didn't have coffee available. They had a café in the lobby and you had to purchase your cup of coffee there. They didn't offer any amenities. We paid almost $200 for the worst hotel we have stayed at in a while. We have a business too so I can take a lot, but this was at my breaking point.

Room Tip: Definitely don't get room 319 if you must stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard Lexington North, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Lexington North.

You indicated in your response that you experienced several issues at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

JERRY ROBINSON
Courtyard Lexington North
jerry.w.robinson@marriott.com
(859)253-4646
Millville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 3 weeks and in general, this is a great place to stay. The hotel is undergoing rennovations (looks great!) and the staff are excellent. This past week I was on my way to a customer fone morning when I discovered I had a flat. I was about to call for AAA when Shane McFarland, the chief engineer at the hotel, came over and changed the tire for me. This goes above and beyond what I would expect of a hotel employee. I spoke with the general manager, Jerry Robinson and let him know about the outstanding employee he has. Thanks to Shane I made it to my customer with time to spare. Thank you Shane!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel for Valentine's Day weekend for my wife and me. It could not have been nicer. The appearance of the hotel was immaculate. Check-in was smooth and fast. Our room, Room 106, was very nice with a king-sized bed that was very comfortable, though a little squeaky. The carpet was in great shape, which is one of the ways I judge hotel rooms. The bathroom was perfectly clean with a great shower. The only thing that I was disappointed in was the toilet tissue. It was about the worst we've ever used. Horrible quality! Also, breakfast was not included in the price of the hotel, but that was fine because we wanted to have breakfast at IHOP anyway. We also enjoyed being right in Hamburg where all the shopping and restaurants are located. This is a hotel we would recommend without question and would stay at again anytime!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
French Lick, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I don't like are the hard beds (from a stay here last year). I requested a room with a softer bed and the gentleman at the front desk was more than happy to make this accommodation.

• Stayed December 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Tony gave my family some great service. He recommended a terrific wings restaurant and made us some smoothies after hours. He even checked us in and upgraded our room. Great stuff for a family of 4. We will be back and hope to see Tony again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Oakland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I called to place a reservation. Base rate was $99. With breakfast was $119. Was sold a football weekend package for $119. I was told breakfast would be included, along with a $20 visa debit card. Cool. Figured that pays for the breakfast. We get to the hotel and check in. Nothing was mentioned about the football weekend package. I asked what it was. She looked. We were told it included breakfast along with the debit card and a snack bag. She gave us a snack bag with one can of pepsi, 6 throw away coasters, and some other advertisement in the bag. Wow. Not impressed. So, we spend the night. Breakfast: mine was french toast served with butter, no syrup. Blah. My wife had the scramble or something like that. Toast stone cold. Eggs luke warm. Bacon good. Not too impressed, that's for sure. We go to check out. Told we needed to pay for breakfast. I go into pissed off mode. Someone else comes along to help. They look up the package description. Nope, breakfast not included, but it did include more extensive snack bags. She goes off gathering a couple cans of pop, bottles of bud, bags of chips. This is more of what I would expect, but not on our way out?. Would of been nice on check in.

Anyway, final result: I pay $119 plus another $20 for the very subpar breakfast. Express my displeasure and intention to give bad review. I may get the $20 visa card some day, but you know how those go sometimes.

PS: we stayed here to try out the tempur-pedic beds. Have been wanting to check one out. Eh, not my style. Slept ok, but I would not buy one for home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Lexington North? Share your experiences!