“Try A Basic Doughnut!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 784 Restaurants in Lexington
“Try A Basic Doughnut!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I visited on a Sunday morning and joined the line. The basic doughnut was one of the BEST yeast doughnuts I have ever had and the chocolate iced cake one was excellent. I was a tad disappointed I couldn't get coffee, but I am guessing they would never get everyone served if they were pouring drinks. Take cash with you and buy extra pastries for the road.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Best doughnut in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We were in town visiting family, everyone had eaten here except for me, we sent someone to get a box of doughnuts, they were still warm we they arrived and were not a disappointment. i ate one, then two, and then three! Had never eaten a doughnut like it and plan on eating here again next time were in Lexington. We even warmed them up the next day, not as good as the day we bought them, but still better then some doughnuts I've eaten fresh from other doughnut shops.

• Visited May 2014
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I just discovered that most donut shops now use frozen products! I was shocked and so I ventured out and found BJ Spalding Bakery. So much fun and everything is made with the original recipes. We absolutely fell in love with this bakery. It's a must for company too!

Visited May 2014
Alexandria, VA
“A Lexington Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a wonderful place to start the day. Right across the street from the Jif peanut butter plant in East Lexington, a line forms every morning for the fresh pastries that emerge from the back kitchen. Most customers walk out with a gigantic box (or two!) of donuts with a sticky bun or Danish pastry along for the ride. Standing in line (get there early!) whets your appetite as you look over the racks with freshly baked goodies. Tired of more traditional "donuteers" in Lexington? Then head over to Spalding for a change. Once there, you will continue to come back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Royalty of Doughnuts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Best doughnuts you can put in your mouth. The only negative is driving all the way there just to find out they will not take credit/debit cards. If it weren't for this issue I would rate my experience 5/5.

• Visited January 2014