“Initial visit and Wonderful !” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, United States
“Initial visit and Wonderful !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Wife had pulled pork and I had the brisket plate, both were delicious. I had the creamy coleslaw and potato salad, again both were exceptional. If you want, they also have a vinegar based coleslaw. Better get here early because when it's gone, it's gone for the day. Wife's pulled pork sandwich was the last one of the day at 12:20pm.....Good to see a thriving business occupying and old building from the past. Good thing they weren't here while I was working here in Lexington, I'd weigh a few more pounds. Get out Lexingtonians and support this wonderful business.

• Visited July 2014

Mount Sterling, Kentucky
“Good Food and Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We just had our first visit to the Blue Door. We were greeted immediately and were given a thorough menu explanation. We were newbies but felt like regulars in a few minutes. My husband and daughter both had the "burnt ends" with 2 sides. Everything was good, but my daughter thought hers was a little spicy. I don't know if that was from the beans or from the rub on the brisket. I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was tender and delicious. We will definitely be returning to try out more stuff.

• Visited July 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Walk Through the Blue Door for BBQ Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Our family was in Lexington in June 2014 for a business trip for my husband. We wanted to eat some authentic Kentucky barbecue and found the Blue Door Smokehouse on Urbanspoon and decided to give it a try. As other reviewers have mentioned, the barbecue was some of the best that I have ever eaten. They had actually been robbed the night before, but they were open for business on Saturday with smiling faces and excellent service. The brisket was like velvet and the sauces (tangy, mild, and spicy) were all amazing. We spoke to the chefs and they told us that they make the sauces all in-house, and it shows. The restaurant is quite small but tastefully and simply decorated, which enhanced our dining experience. We were sorry when the meal ended and my husband actually asked if they would ship to TN! If you are in Lexington, please give the Blue Door a try. This small gem just outside the city center should gain a great reputation for itself in no time.

• Visited June 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Awesome staff, awesome sides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

As a vegetarian, I've only had the privilege of trying the sides here, but they are amazing! All the carnivores in my life have quite enjoyed the meatiness of this place. The staff is friendly and helpful!

• Visited May 2014
Lexington
“Loved the Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is by far a welcome addition to all the barbecue joints open in Lexington. It just opened in March 2014. Meats are always fresh smoked. Hours are limited during the week. Open only for lunch Mon - Thurs and then lunch and dinner Friday and Saturday. Right now they are closed on Sunday. It is a small restaurant but you get the hands on first class service you want and expect from a smaller place. I had the pulled pork platter with some of the best potato salad I have ever tried! If you like potato salad you have to get this one. You add your own sauce. Tangy is a vinegar based. Sweet is my favorite. My husband had Spicy but it wasn't the kind to knock you flat. It was a good flavor. Go visit Blue Door Smokehouse when you are in town. You won't regret it!!

• Visited April 2014