“Great Breakfast at a Reasonable Price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Clintwood, Virginia
“Great Breakfast at a Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

After reading several positive reviews,my wife and I decided to veer of the beaten path and try Winchell's.The location is a decent ride from the Interstate 75,but we wanted to give this establishment a try.We arrived around noon on a Sunday and breakfast was the only meal served.There was something for everyone,and we thoroughly enjoyed our selections.I would love to return to Winchells and try their lunch or dinner menu.The ambience of the restaurant was very appealing and the crowd was ecelectic.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Kentucky
“Can't beat the breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The beauty of a neighborhood place is that it feels like home and this is certainly the case with Winchell's. Food is consistent and the menu has something for everyone. Breakfast is wonderful with lots of specials. The service is good and always attentive. One of our 'Go To' places in the 'hood.

Visited October 2013
Bloomfield, Kentucky
“Best hot brown ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hot brown best I've ever had. Better than Brown hotel. Great place to eat before the Cats play. Plenty of TV to keep up with all the games plus the breeders cup. We'll be back

jcmcnair@fuse.net
“Stick to your ribs comfort food in a sports bar atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Family friendly sports bar serving high quality home cooked food. I had the best shrimp and grits ever (having eaten them in Savannah and New Orleans) and my husband enjoyed his chicken cordon blue. The servers wore sports jerseys from a variety of teams and friendly smiles. Was happy to have an option of sweet tea, a staple of the south. Noise level was low even though several football games were on, so did not interfere with conversation. Diner meets sports bar. Worth a drive. Will return next time we are in town to try the country fried steak and fish and chips. Other interesting items included Kentucky Hot Brown and rainbow trout. Open seven days a week. A great stop before going to Keeneland for the races.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great breakfast at Winchell's, service somewhat lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Having been to Winchell's before to watch NFL football on a Sunday and greatly enjoying the experience, I was really looking forward to trying their breakfast as I had heard it was quite good. My dad and I stopped in around 9am on a Monday morning, and there couldn't have been more than 10 people in the restaurant. The breakfast menu is not extensive but they do have some good options(french toast, waffles, pancakes, omelettes, etc). While the prices are not as cheap as you might expect for breakfast, each item comes with 2 side portions that are quite sizeable. The side items are very interesting as well, including grits, biscuits, bacon, sausage and a few others. I got the french toast with biscuits and homefries, and was very satisfied and couldn't even finish my whole meal. My dad was also happy with his meal. The only minor issue was the service was fairly spotty, especially considering our waitress probably only had 1 other table besides ours. On one occasion my dad's three drinks(water, coffee, OJ) were all empty, which is really something that shouldn't happen at an uncrowded restaurant. So if not for that this would've been 5 stars for sure, and even so we will certainly return. Recommended.

• Visited October 2013