“Privacy Please” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 South Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504   |
Ranked #48 of 67 Hotels in Lexington
“Privacy Please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I always stay at The Inn on Broadway during our trips to Lexington. We average 7-10 nights a year. It's very convenient to all medical facilities. It's clean and a good place to stay for the money money. However, this particular stay a housekeeper opened the door without knocking at 9am. If the latch had not been fastened, she would've barged on in. When we opened the door and asked what she wanted he said it was a reminder that check out was at 12, which we were fully aware of. I just feel like it was a violation of privacy.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

This is an older hotel so don't expect high class amenities.
For the price, I couldn't have been more pleased. If you actually expect to pay less than $100 AND receive all the high class amenities, you probably need to lower your expectations/get a reality check.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by the nicest gentleman (Sherman) and he could quite possibly be one of the most considerate and friendly people I've ever met in my life. Before checking us in, he was dealing with a situation where a guest had been overcharged due to a computer error. He was extremely apologetic and made sure the guest was completely satisfied before letting him walk away. While checking us in, he continued with his graciousness and made us feel like we were the most important people in the hotel. It became clear that he treated every guest in that hotel with the same respect and kindness... his attitude alone made our stay worth every single penny.
The room was a king suite and although the amenities weren't brand new (OMG NO FLAT SCREEN TVS!!!!! How would I ever survive??!?!?) there were 2 rooms (with tvs in both), the sitting room had a fridge, microwave, pull out couch and a table and chairs. The bed was comfortable enough and the biggest deal for me...? When i turned on the water in the bathroom, it was already warm. I didn't have to wait 5 mins for it to warm up, ever! That kinda blew my mind.
Once we returned home, I realized I left my iPad there. I immediately called the hotel and Sherman came to my rescue. He went up to the room, found my iPad, called my back and made arrangements for how it would be safely returned to me.
This one of the the best hotel experiences I've ever had and I will absolutely be staying there again!!

Room Tip: The king suite is worth it!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Stayed here after Garth brooks concert on a Friday night. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was adequate. Other previous reviews I read talked down the free or included breakfast, but they had hot and cold options which I thought were fine. Couldn't beat the price compared to the bigger chain hotels closer to Rupp, but we were a $10 cab ride away from downtown and it worked out fine. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

Our family recently had 6 rooms at the hotel. We were all very pleased. The rooms are large, some have a fridge and microwave. One family member received a suite which was great since he had a young baby who was able to be sleeping in the extra room while Mom and Dad could watch TV in the main bedroom-worked so well for them and the fridge let them keep baby's milk fresh.
The breakfast room was a nice size and offered scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy as well as cereals, yogurt, muffins, bagels and fresh fruit. The attending staff made sure things were replenished often.
The gentleman at the front desk, Sherman, was extremely cordial and helpful. Would definitely recommend this downtown hotel. We did not encounter any of the problems that were cited in other reviews.
I

Room Tip: Ask for room with fridge/microwave if staying for several days. Fourth floor was nice and quiet, but...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Our room was satisfactory.Towels were mediocre at best, however we did see one of the cleaning women and advised we did not need our room redone, but could we get new towels the next day. These were alot nicer. Old TV's in both the sitting room and main bedroom. They offered a breakfast however, dry cereal, bagels, sweet rolls. Dunkin Donuts almost across the street and just down the road is a "First Watch" which has terrific breakfasts and lunches. As we are older, this place was okayt, but for a younger couple, I'd probably say look elsewhere. The place was heavily booked as both Keeneland Racetrack was open and UK was playing a home football game so there were fanbs from both schools there that we saw.

Room Tip: A hospital is near by so the sirens are a possibility. I can't really say whgat this hotel is ne...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Where do I start? First room is cheaper then most I guess that's why I stayed but that's it. Beds are harder then sleeping on concrete. The beds are held up with bricks on the corners. Towels are small then my dish towel in my kitchen. Rooms are old very old looking. The free breakfast is a bowl of cereal REALLY!!! AND NOW TO THE WORST COCKROACHES. FOUND TO IN MY BED. IN THE REFRIGERATOR. THAT WHERE I DRAW THE LINE THIS PLACE NEEDS BURNED DOWN AND REBUILT......

• Stayed December 2013
Grove City, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here one night. First room the toilet was broken and beds were not made. They moved us to a different room. The second room, the curtains were stained and the bed was being held up by ICE BUCKETS!! Four ice buckets on each corner. Explain to the manager my issues and he acted like he didn't believe me, offered to take him back to the room to show him and he refused. Also, I couldn't find comforters for the bed and a friend in another room stated the same. No offer for a refund or discount.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Inn on Broadway? Share your experiences!