“Maid's boyfriend was in my room” 1 of 5 stars

Inn on Broadway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 South Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504   |
Ranked #51 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Collierville
“Maid's boyfriend was in my room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed there for a horse sale. I came back to the hotel exhausted and when I closed my door, it stayed a little propped open. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw that it was opened and closed it. Little did I realize that my purse was missing. I went down to the front desk to ask if anyone had seen my purse. There were only 7 people staying in the hotel that night. Long story short, my diamond earrings were in my purse. The maid was living in the suite across the hall and someone saw her boyfriend who was also living there, leave quickly. The manager told me there were security cameras and that they would review them, but then said there was no evidence that the maid's boyfriend had been in the room. He gave me a free room for a year. He is gone. The new manager did not honor it. This place is a dump and is scary too.

Room Tip: Beware. There is no security system here. Leave all valuables at home and expect nothing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Where do I start? First room is cheaper then most I guess that's why I stayed but that's it. Beds are harder then sleeping on concrete. The beds are held up with bricks on the corners. Towels are small then my dish towel in my kitchen. Rooms are old very old looking. The free breakfast is a bowl of cereal REALLY!!! AND NOW TO THE WORST COCKROACHES. FOUND TO IN MY BED. IN THE REFRIGERATOR. THAT WHERE I DRAW THE LINE THIS PLACE NEEDS BURNED DOWN AND REBUILT......

• Stayed December 2013
Grove City, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. First room the toilet was broken and beds were not made. They moved us to a different room. The second room, the curtains were stained and the bed was being held up by ICE BUCKETS!! Four ice buckets on each corner. Explain to the manager my issues and he acted like he didn't believe me, offered to take him back to the room to show him and he refused. Also, I couldn't find comforters for the bed and a friend in another room stated the same. No offer for a refund or discount.

• Stayed December 2013
Kokomo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

OK, but needs attention to details. Cheap towels. Broken fixtures, bulbs not working, no room darkening shades.
Older hotel with fairly new fixtures, upgrades, etc. Newer tile in bath, but several have defects, patched holes, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bradenton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed four nights. The staff was courteous and a free newspaper was much appreciated. Although, I got a "bargain price", It was way overpriced .
I found the hotel lacking in the following areas:
No Fridge or microwave in room
Furnishings, bath vanity,toilet, carpet,very old, probably original.
Upholstrey and carpet stained and dirty.
Elevator smelled bad.
Baseboards dusty & dirty.
Outside grounds dirty & trashy-cigarette butts and trash, potholes in pkg. lot,grass needed mowing.
Very skimpy breakfast. It was advertised as "free breakfast" but there was only coffee, juice, milk, cereal and bagels. Trash was not emptied for days in breakfast room and trash can was nasty on outside.
Stairwells dirty.
Needs total upgrading.
Also, there seemed to be people who "lived" there, running in and out all the time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Crestwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

To start we were charged a lot more than the others in our group. We were told we were to have a suite at that rate, but others had larger rooms at a cost of a lot less. The room was terrible. Dirty carpets, smelly, and the bed is as hard as the floor (maybe harder). No mattress pad on any beds, no comforter just sheets, when asked about this at front desk they were unresponsive and said "that's the way we do it at this hotel and there's nothing they could about it." When I asked for a receipt for the stay they said I had my reservation confirmation, then asked again they gave me a paper with the hotel name on it without how much I paid or that my bill was paid and there was no balance.
Obviously I was not happy with my stay. i have stayed there in the past and wasn't real happy, but this was one of the worst hotel stays I've ever had and will not be staying there in the future.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Needed an inexpensive hotel for 3 nights to visit our UK student...found hotel to be a good value except for the carpets in the room....they badly needed replaced...they had a smell and had big wrinkles in them. Otherwise for a comfortable bed and decent location everything was as expected.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn on Broadway? Share your experiences!