“My favorite place to stay in Lexington!” 5 of 5 stars

Inn on Broadway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 South Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504   |
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky
“My favorite place to stay in Lexington!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Whenever I've had to travel to Lexington, The Inn is the only place I'd consider. It's tucked away and quiet. The prices are so much more reasonable than other hotels and you get that "boutique" experience. The front desk always has a smiling face that goes out of your way to find a room you want. I wanted a corner room because the windows **actually open" (which is rare )and you can have a nice breeze because I'm a bit claustrophobic and like a window cracked, and in the nice weather a breeze comes in and makes sleep so much nicer. I rarely have a good night's sleep because my back hurts a lot but the memory foam mattresses they have - like Tempur-Pedic are like sleeping on magic. ( This I think is where people mistake it for a 'hard bed'.) I slept straight through the night with no back pain at all. If I couldn't get the room with 2 windows, I was offered a room with a large Jacuzzi tub and the one window. A Jacuzzi bath and that bed was the most relaxed I've been in a long time. I called about a light bulb burnt out and within 5 minutes someone was there with a replacement. This hotel has everything you need with the exception of room service and that would not degrade my rating of excellent because there are many restaurants in walking distance and I don't need dinners served in my room. That is why they can afford to keep the prices so reasonable, the overhead is low. They have a great continental breakfast in the morning. Even though I got there too late to eat, there was always coffee, and the desk manager Bill Marshall went back and got me some milk and even brought me two bananas. The staff does *go out of their way* to make their guests happy. The rooms are big, and there is a living room area with a TV and refrigerator, a desk, chairs and reading lamps. The room is big with a large closet and mirrored doors to "look at yourself for a once over" before you leave to go to out. Bathroom is large, plenty of towels for a single person, but I'm sure they'd accommodate a couple or family that needed more. The temperature controls are right in the room so you can warm it or cool is to whatever temperature you like. A heat lamp is in the bathroom to take off the chill, and water was very hot for my Jacuzzi bath. There are always parking spaces near the front door.. and a large lot. It's close to all of the major hospitals, St.Joe is on the opposite corner, with Central Baptist and UK are just a 5-10 minute car ride. You can walk to UK Football games or Rupp Arena, or if you took a taxi downtown, it would be at a very low cost. It's as close to the airport as almost any Lexington hotel can be, as Lexington by law must have a large amount of green space and there are no such things are "airport hotels". You are not near New Circle Rd. or any other noisy road. The difference in the cost of The Inn vs these $175/night hotels is that this hotel is personal, the staff knows your name, and heck. Who comes to Lexington to spend all their time in their hotel room? One TV can be for the kids, and one for adults if you want to have on a sports show in one room and Leave it to Beaver in another. I can't say enough nice things about the hotel. I felt safe and if I needed anything, the staff are top notch. It's quiet... Forget the decor with the artificial plants and other items.. This is not the Four Seasons so don't expect it, just expect great price, a good room and a courteous staff... I'll never stay anyplace else. You can always call the hotel itself and talk to them about reservations and they'll match any online deal you'll find. These "Priceline" people do now give any sort of customized information, answer any questions, because they are faceless reservation takers or offer any personal service and most importantly *** they take a percentage of profits away from the hotel.** Call them direct at 859-519-2060 - I hesitate to write such a glowing review because I think of it as my "secret jewel" in Lexington hotels... These days, throwing money away on some swanky place to put your luggage to just leave and go out to enjoy the city is a huge waste of money. I must add.. there is a Rite-Aid 24 hour right next to the hotel parking lot which is great for grabbing almost anything you could possible need day or night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lexington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

A good and affordable place to stay. Rooms are much cleaner compared to other hotels. Staff were nice. Access to most of the restaurants. Good amount of parking spaces. Bed was little bit hard. But can request additional soft foam if needed. But not sure if they charge for this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Corbin, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My family has stayed many times at the Inn on Broadway while attending Kentucky Football and Basketball games our in town for shopping. The location is great to both events and is very close to the Mall and to several eating establishments. The front desk crew and manager on duty are always courteous and help make your stay the best it can be. If anything is not up to par they will go out of their way to make it right. Compared to other properties in the area the rates are more than reasonable. I highly recommend the Inn on Broadway and would not stay anywhere else when I am in Lexington.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Portsmouth, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed here many times, and I just don't understand the bad reviews. The staff was always nice to me, bent over backwards to be helpful. The rooms are large with TVs in both the bedroom and living room area. Rooms were clean. Hotel is quiet. The only negative is that the bed was absolutely the hardest bed I have tried to sleep on, but I understand some renovations are being made, so maybe I had one of the older beds.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel--there is a hospital across the street and you will hear si...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at the Inn while visiting Lexington. You can not find a better deal in the area in terms of location, price, and cleanliness. This is not the Hilton by any means, but you feel safe and everything in the hotel and guest rooms is well-kept.

The most important things to me in my hotel stay are the details. The beds are amazing. Honestly, they are more comfortable than many expensive hotels I have stayed at. The showers are hot with great water pressure, and there is a separate living area with a tv in every room.

I'd recommend the Inn on Broadway to just about anyone looking for accommodations in Lexington.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was clean and beautiful. The service was amazing and the employees were extremely nice and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again or atleast recommend it. The location was perfect. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Races were in full swing. The University was in Homecoming weekend so having a quiet place to rest your head was terrific. Great staff. Nice breakfast set up. Good room for gathering your group and your thoughts. Free parking. Good location. Right next to a drug store that sells most of what you need (including alcohol)
No food service or bar in the hotel - just so you know.
I'm spoiled by my towels at home - so I would have loved bigger towels.
Free parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Inn on Broadway? Share your experiences!