“Friendly staff. Walking distance to hospital and campus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Export Street, Lexington, KY 40504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #23 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
“Friendly staff. Walking distance to hospital and campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Location excellent. Easy walking various campus locations. I love the pancake maker. Is well-maintained even with high volumes. Modern rooms. I was there for an extended visit and did notice the same piece of trash on the floor the entire stay. The rest of the floor looked clean. Maybe they need a few vacuum cleaner. Nice to have a Dairy Queen right across the street but too bad the grocery store moved away. Although animals are allowed, it did not effect the quality

Stayed July 2014
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for the review! So glad that our area and hotel fit your needs. We hope you visit us again in the future!

Stephanie Toy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The room was great. Becca was very friendly and helpful in suggestions for places to eat. The breakfast was simple but very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad Becca was able to give you great customer service. I will make sure she is recognized! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed two nights recently as our son was attending orientation at UK. Great location by campus. My wife and i were able to explore campus without driving and searching for parking. Less than 10 minutes to memorial hall. Nothing fancy, but clean room, standard breakfast, and a friendly, helpful staff.
Close to two very good restaurants. Gumbo Ya Ya will be getting a lot of business from my son over the next couple of years. Jalopenos had the tastiest fajitas I've had in a long time. We live in Los Angeles so we know our Mexican food.
Will definitely head back to this hotel when we come to visit our son.

Stayed July 2014
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel and all of the local attractions. We hope to see you in the future!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have stayed at several hotels this year and hands down Teresa working breakfast was the best ever. Everything was stocked, hot, and ready. She was super friendly and helpful. A true asset to the hotel. I will remember this hotel because of her, and her dedicated service.

The rest of the hotel stay was fine. I was surprised to find no fridge in the room. I thought it was standard now. Rooms were clean, mostly quiet. Someone decided to have a conversation outside of our room at 3 in the morning.. nothing hotel related just inconsiderate people. I would try to get on the top floor next time due to the noise of the people thumping in the room above us at all hours.

Room Tip: Request the top floor, to avoid heavy footed upstairs guests.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! So glad Teresa was able to provide you with excellent service! I will make sure she is recognized for her outstanding work. We hope to see you again in the future.

Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here for a week. Teresa was always bright and cheerful every morning in the breakfast room. Becca was always helpful at the front desk. The room was nice and spacious. Good location. With pets in the room it was a little difficult to arrange for housekeeping but overall an excellent stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will make sure that the individuals you mentioned are recognized. Hope to see you in the future!

Stephanie Toy
Harlan, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My father and I recently spent a week at Holiday Inn Express while my mother was in the hospital. From the clerks at the desk, Rebecca, Ken, Kyle and Penny to the friendly and most compassionate lady serving breakfast, Teresa, I must say they made this experience just a little easier. Rooms were great but the staff is what impressed me the most. My mother will have an extended stay at the hospital and we will definitely be at the Holiday Inn Express.....home away from home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I love hearing how my staff can turn your stay into one that is positive and one you will remember. I will make sure each individual is recognized for their outstanding customer service. We wish you and your family member all the best.

Stephanie Toy
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have always had good success with the Holiday Inn Express properties & this one was no different.
Traveling with my son for a baseball tournament we were happy with the King Suite which also included a fridge, microwave & sink.
Room was clean & comfortable with a nice flat screen tv with all the major cable channels.

You also get the free breakfast which is what you expect.....Although always enjoy the pancake assembly machine.

I don't write a ton of reviews but like to give props when deserved & the front desk staff was some of the nicest I have ever met.
They were always friendly & helpful...even helping me do laundry (which is another story).

The location was central to UK & walking distance to the Red Mile...
If ever back in Lexington would not hesitate to stay....

A few negatives would be...parking lot becomes filled quickly especially on weekends, the hallways were extremely HOT & one day we returned to our room around 4pm & the room had yet to be cleaned. This only happened on 1 day out of the 3 we stayed.

I give it 4 out of 5 but truly a 4+

Room Tip: Think the King Suite is the way to go........
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Barbara Jean B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for all your comments. We are working towards excellent service and ensuring we meet all your needs and those things you mentioned were negatives does help us know where to focus our efforts. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Barbara Jean Beighle

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University

Address: 1000 Export Street, Lexington, KY 40504
Location: United States > Kentucky > Lexington
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#16 Family Hotel in Lexington
#22 Business Hotel in Lexington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Downtown at the University of Kentucky UK. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is located just blocks from the campus of the University of KY UK & minutes from several area hospitals. We are also conveniently located 5 miles from Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX) & I-75/I-64 Interstate access. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is less than 1 mile from the Lexington Convention Center & Rupp Arena. For horse lovers, this Keeneland Hotel is just a short drive from the track, the Red Mile & numerous Kentucky Horse Park events.Our corporate amenities include free high-speed Internet access, meeting room & 24-hour business center. Hospitals: University of Kentucky UK Chandler Medical Center, Saint Joseph Hospital, Central Baptist Hospital & Good Samaritan HospitalBusinesses: IBM, Lexmark, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, PNC, Central Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Fasic-Tipton, Ashland & UPSLocal Attractions: Bluegrass Lexington Airport LEX, Keeneland Horse Racing, Lexington Convention Center, Rupp Arena, University of Kentucky, UK Commonwealth Stadium, Red Mile, & Transylvania University.Visit Lexington, KY Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel while attending the following Lexington events:Fayette County High School Graduation 6/4-6/5Junior League Horse Show at the Red Mile 7/6-7/12AAU Basketball 7/13-19 ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
Holiday Inn Lexington
Holiday Inn Express Lexington
Lexington Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.