“One of the friendliest Staff Members” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Export Street, Lexington, KY 40504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
CMI, IL
“One of the friendliest Staff Members”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

One of the Friendliest Staff Members
I was after a very long 11 hours drive and the only thing I had in mind is eat, takes a shower and go to sleep. There is a variety of different restaurant near by. Walked 5 minutes had dinner and came back to the hotel. Took a shower and right into bed. The morning hot breakfast was perfect. Very satisfied. Will come again if I am in the area. All the stuff very friendly and cooperative.
Special thanks to Chad the hotel's GM, to Joe, the evening shift clerk, Kyle, the morning shift clerk and to the kitchen employ.
All the stuff very friendly and cooperative.
Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
SergioCMI,
Thank you for your wonderful response and kind words. I have passed on your thanks to each of the staff members you mentioned by name and thanked them for a job well done. I hope to see you again when you return to Lexington.

Chad Whisnant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights while family was in nearby hospital. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and provided discount for families of UK hospital patients. Breakfast was exceptional and definitely appreciated, my kids loved the conveyor pancake machine. Location was convenient for dining. Accommodations were amazing!

• Stayed July 2013
Chad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Kentucky79,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our Hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I have passed your comments along to the management company and the staff. We are glad the location was convenient and that your kids enjoyed the nifty pancake management. We look forward to seeing you when you return.

Whitesville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel, like most every other HIE hotel I've stayed at, was extremely clean, front desk clerks were helpful, pool area was nice, and breakfast was great. The breakfast featured biscuits and gravy, suasage links, cheese omlets, muffins, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, and my favorite....the cinnamon rolls! Fresh cookies were in the lobby at night.
We walked to Memorial Coliseum and the Craft Center one day. A decent little walk, but I'd rather walk than deal with the parking around campus. I noticed a Dairy Queen and small pizza joint next door to the hotel. I didn't see any other eateries within CLOSE walking distance...but I may have just overlooked them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Travis928 thank you for taking the time out of your day to share these great comments about our hotel. It is wonderful to hear you had such a great experience. I agree our breakfast has a lot of great options and it sounds as though it hit the spot. There are several other places to eat next door that are just on the other side of the Plaza. Should you return I will be glad to give you the full list and my recommendations. Hope to see you again when you visit Lexington.

Columbus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is in a good location. It's close to restaurants, shopping, and Rupp Arena. Check in was smooth and the staff friendly. I was expecting a room with fridge and microwave but my room had neither. I was staying for two days so I asked if I could switch rooms. I was told there were none available. The décor is outdated and not the cleanest. Both chairs in my room had very large, dark stains and carpet was very worn and needed to be cleaned. The coffee maker still had the grounds in it from the previous guest. I'm giving an average rating over poor because I still had a good night's sleep in a comfy bed and quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Chad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Debbie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I want to apologize that we were not able to offer you a fridge and a microwave. I wish we would have had a suite available to move you to so that we could have provided you with one. I will make sure to pass your concerns on to the appropriate departments to make sure they are resolved. I am glad you did have a good nights sleep. Please make sure to come back and see us again whenever you return. Feel free to contact me personally, if possible I will make sure you get a room with a microwave and Fridge. Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback.

Holiday Inn Express& Suites

859.389.6800
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel itself is nice enough, located right next to the overpass that leads to UK. I know this because if I opened the drapes on my window I could see the kids walking to and from classes/exams ... and they could see me. Not ideal privacy ...

Everyone who worked there was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was okay, though it would be nice if they offered some eggs without the slice of Kraft singles oozing out of the middle for those who do not want that with their morning meal. Though I didn't use it the pancake machine was an interesting contraption.

The bed was comfy enough, the shower had good water pressure, the room was certainly roomy enough. But the walls are thin. So are the ceilings. We could hear everything in the hallway, from our neighbors and from above. Nice to know those above me showered before breakfast? For $130 a night I feel like we could have gotten a little better.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room higher up to avoid the possibility of looking at everyone walking by,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear silverinc13,

I appreciate your feedback regarding our property. It is nice to know that our location was convenient for your needs and you found our staff to be friendly. However, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation particularly with the condition of the room's sound proofing. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thanks for your review and I hope we get the chance to host you again soon

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Corbin, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A group of friends and I stayed here for a St. Patrick's Day weekend. The room was very nice and spacious, and the hotel staff was very friendly, and the bed comfortable. They were very helpful in helping us call a cab to take us downtown. There was a good selection on the continental breakfast that had both hot and cold items. The location is nice and located near the UK campus and downtown area but I would not consider this hotel to be "downtown" as in everything would be within a short walking distance. There were plenty of places to eat within walking distance (Buffalo Wild Wings, Sir Pizza, etc), and you could walk to downtown from here, but we found a cab to be an inexpenisive alternative to walking downtown. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel. I am pleased you had such a great stay. I am glad you found the location and local dining convenient for you stay. I will pass your comments along to the staff as well. Please make sure to come visit us again when you return to Lexington. Maybe next St. Patty's day.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

859.389.6800
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I don't get it Holiday Inn. Your chain became popular because people could expect consistancy when traveling. We had a king sized bed in what was a very large room but no fridge/microwave. The Holiday Inn we'd been at the night before was a much smaller room but had a fridge/microwave. When we called the front desk, nobody offered to bring us one like they did with armymom3. We were told fridge/microwaves were only in rooms with two double beds. WTH? Our room was large enough for a FULL sized fridge, range and dinner table. It was a clean hotel and nice enough staff, but I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Meezer P,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding room amenities. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University

Address: 1000 Export Street, Lexington, KY 40504
Location: United States > Kentucky > Lexington
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#16 Family Hotel in Lexington
#21 Business Hotel in Lexington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Downtown at the University of Kentucky UK. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is located just blocks from the campus of the University of KY UK & minutes from several area hospitals. We are also conveniently located 5 miles from Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX) & I-75/I-64 Interstate access. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is less than 1 mile from the Lexington Convention Center & Rupp Arena. For horse lovers, this Keeneland Hotel is just a short drive from the track, the Red Mile & numerous Kentucky Horse Park events.Our corporate amenities include free high-speed Internet access, meeting room & 24-hour business center. Hospitals: University of Kentucky UK Chandler Medical Center, Saint Joseph Hospital, Central Baptist Hospital & Good Samaritan HospitalBusinesses: IBM, Lexmark, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, PNC, Central Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Fasic-Tipton, Ashland & UPSLocal Attractions: Bluegrass Lexington Airport LEX, Keeneland Horse Racing, Lexington Convention Center, Rupp Arena, University of Kentucky, UK Commonwealth Stadium, Red Mile, & Transylvania University.Visit Lexington, KY Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel while attending the following Lexington events:Fayette County High School Graduation 6/4-6/5Junior League Horse Show at the Red Mile 7/6-7/12AAU Basketball 7/13-19 ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
Holiday Inn Lexington
Holiday Inn Express Lexington
Lexington Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.