“Daughter's graduation from UK.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Export Street, Lexington, KY 40504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
“Daughter's graduation from UK.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days in early May for our daughter's college graduation. Location was close to her house and the school etc.Overall not bad. Same free breakfast as the Holiday Inn Northeast in Lexington,serviceable for not having to leave.Room overall was clean,their was a small bench to put one suitcase on,seemed odd and it was stained,no portable one was around.Room had a jacuzzi tub which is located right next to the bed,so watch if you get up when it's dark! Bathroom clean too! No view but none was expected.Didn't use the pool.Parking lot was at the hotel and free! Convient to all of downtown Lexington as well.Free newspaper but saturday none were delivered,not a big deal.Price a little high for friday/saturday much lower on sunday $199 to $119.Front deak folks were fine.It's close to the schools hospitals so if you are on buisness this location would work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Ewing, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel was chose for me through my company and I had to stay there a week. It LOOKED clean, however that wasnt the case at all. Upon my arrival, I always look at around the room to see if anything is broken or missing where I can notify the staff. I pulled back the curtains and theyre was a trash bag full of Papa Johns trash sitting in the floor, as well as a dirty napkin in the window. Ok, I can handle that, the housekeeper left a bag of trash..maybe. Later that night I was about to lay down after my 4 hour trip to get there. I pulled back the blankets got into bed and felt something scratching my leg...when I moved to blankets to see what it was ........absolutely DISGUSTING a toe nail clipping, Im assuming from the previous guest. My guess, the linens had not been changed. I will never stay there again and reported this to my company as well. Poor housekeeping.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear luvsmygirls,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments about the trash has been documented and forwarded to the appropriate department for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We stayed in a queen suite (2 queen beds and a sitting area) and there was plenty of room for four. The location is wonderful - close to downtown and close to Keeneland and horse farms. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Mount Gambier, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife & i stayed here on the 15th may thru to the 17th & where very impressed with our stay. The welcome Joesph gave us was very friendly & made us feel like this was a second home. It is with in walking distance to public transport, has clean laundry facilities, the business centre has a printer & the free breakfast is great. There are several places to eat within 5 mins walking distance & reasonably priced. The room we had had two queen sized bed & was very clean. I can only say great things about our stay & have no complaints.

Room Tip: Any room here is great
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

My sister reserved a room here for my bachelorette party because of the price and close proximity to the bar we wanted to go to. I was extremely impressed: the room was very spacious and clean(5 girls stayed in the room comfortably!), beds and pillows were comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning was very good. Lots of choices and things were fresh, not to mention the hot options like pancakes and sausage gravy w/ biscuits.
Highly recommend this hotel. It was very nice, nicer than I would expect a HIEx to be, and definitely a more affordable option than the Hilton and plaza.

• Stayed April 2012
Idaho, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed with my daughter and son in law in a large suite. It was very comfortable, fast internet, good breakfast, nice and friendly staff. The only negative was the sound of multiple sirens because there are 3 hospitals within a few miles of the hotel. It did get quieter as the night rolled on but during the day we heard at least 10 sirens. Also, attempted to workout but they only have 2 ancient treadmills and bike, no towels or water either. The price was good for the room size. Someone in another review mentioned the train, we never heard it. I would probably stay here again but look for a fitness club near by.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

Left hotel and realized an hour later I left my charger in the room. Called asked them to look. The gentlemen was nice but said it wasn't there. I know I left it in the outlet behind the nightstand. Very unsettling that either he or a staff member stole this petty item or they were too lazy to deal with the mail. I will not be going back, there are plenty of hotels in Lexington to give my business to when I go back. So disappointed in the morals.

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Chdcarro,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your comments are certainly troubling. We occasionally do find things guest leave behind and are more than happy to return the item.
We would like to discuss this with you further and have sent you a private message with more details.

Katie J
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University

Address: 1000 Export Street, Lexington, KY 40504
Location: United States > Kentucky > Lexington
#7 Family Hotel in Lexington
#16 Business Hotel in Lexington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Downtown at the University of Kentucky UK. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is located just blocks from the campus of the University of KY UK & minutes from several area hospitals. We are also conveniently located 5 miles from Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX) & I-75/I-64 Interstate access. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is less than 1 mile from the Lexington Convention Center & Rupp Arena. For horse lovers, this Keeneland Hotel is just a short drive from the track, the Red Mile & numerous Kentucky Horse Park events.Our corporate amenities include free high-speed Internet access, meeting room & 24-hour business center. Hospitals: University of Kentucky UK Chandler Medical Center, Saint Joseph Hospital, Central Baptist Hospital & Good Samaritan HospitalBusinesses: IBM, Lexmark, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, PNC, Central Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Fasic-Tipton, Ashland & UPSLocal Attractions: Bluegrass Lexington Airport LEX, Keeneland Horse Racing, Lexington Convention Center, Rupp Arena, University of Kentucky, UK Commonwealth Stadium, Red Mile, & Transylvania University.Visit Lexington, KY Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel while attending the following Lexington events:Fayette County High School Graduation 6/4-6/5Junior League Horse Show at the Red Mile 7/6-7/12AAU Basketball 7/13-19 ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
Holiday Inn Lexington
Holiday Inn Express Lexington
Lexington Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.