“short stop, but relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Lexington Suites

You added Hilton Lexington Suites to your Saves list
Hilton Lexington Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Lexington Green Circle, & Nicholasville Road, Lexington, KY 40503-3309   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Lexington
Denfield, Ontario, Canada
“short stop, but relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

we dropped by this hotel by coincidence on a long road trip.
You definitely should stay longer here than 12 hrs...
For an outside pool (oh, we forgot to check for an indoor pool) I think it's too pricey for a one night stay while on the road. But that's not their fault.
The only question I have, but that's general, why the heck there are only "double" beds in a suite and not queen or king size...
It's a very nice hotel with great staff at reception. The buffet breakfast was great (even at 6.30 am!) and well served by nice staff!
Well done folks!

Room Tip: take a room AWAY from the front door side. Then you won't hear the trains passing by.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
West Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is very well kept and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Close to a large mall and movie, entertainment and restaurant options. Small pets allowed! Second floor rooms have a direct exit to second level parking - how convenient! While we did not eat in the hotel restaurant the cooking smelled great from our second level room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was excellent, and I really can't think of anything negative to say about it. The rooms were huge with a hallway connecting a large living room (with tv, desk, chair, couch, table, sink/coffee maker, and dresser) to the bedroom (2 double beds, another tv, dresser, 4 pillows per bed). Off of the hallway was a very large closet with a nice iron/ironing board and a large bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. The lobby is beautiful with a restaurant, bar, and fountain. They were able to accommodate my early check in, and they were willing to hold my bags after I checked out. A third party paid for my hotel, so I can't comment on the value. Location is nice, adjacent to both the Fayette mall and the Lexington green shopping center (with a very nice book store). And, Raising Canes is only 0.5 miles away... It is a fast food chicken place, and I'd you've never had it before, I would highly reccomend that you try it!

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

The day we got to the hotel my husband got sick ..which meant we ended up being stuck in the room for 2 days! What more of a test is there for a hotel than that! Lucky me that there's an extra sitting room in the front of the room w a flat screen tv,couch , microwave and fridge (which I asked for) so I was able to hang out there and order room service ect while my husband recovered in the bedroom and I didn't have to bother him . And as for the reviews that said how noisy and dirty it is ..so not true! The room was spotless and room service was quick and the room was quiet so I could do my business online and my husband could rest! And yes there's a bar downstairs and its open late but I only heard people when I opened the door. We couldn't hear them from the bedroom. My only complaint would be that the staff could pick the room service plates quicker from the outside of the rooms but there's wasn't very many lying out at one time though . I would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012
Ironton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recentlystayed at this hotel while in lexington for medical treatment. The hotel was located close to the Ky Clinic and the front desk gave very good directions. Front desk staff was very friendly. Room was very clean and comfortable. I am an Asst manager at another hilton hotel and as far as I am concerned this is one of the best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very nice property on the south side of Lexington. Unfortunately, it was only on a trip passing through town, so I didn't get to stay long. But this place was super. The room itself was just perfect for a hotel....a living area (with sink, fridge, pull-out couch, and TV) separated from the bedroom by a decent hallway and the bath off to the side. For families it would have worked great: no actual door splitting the LR and beds, but it was private and the kids could easily be on the couch while the grownups stayed up.

The bed was awesome. I don't think I moved once all night.

The shower was *this close* to perfection. The pressure was world-class. I never thought a shower might have too much, but this was almost it. I loved it! The only problem was the height of the shower as I had to stoop a little. Not uncommon in older places, but a little annoying still. Not a big deal in the big picture.

As a stopover hotel, it wasn't well-located. It was on the south side of Lexington which is pretty much directly opposite from the highways, so I had to traverse the whole city 3 times to get in and out. However, it is in a nice (but 'sprawl-y') part of town next to a couple big malls and big box store central. Still tons of food options within a short drive, and a few things in walking distance.

Overall a very nice place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bettendorf, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this property periodically ever since it first opened 25 years ago; it has had its ups and downs. Currently it is in fairly good condition - well-maintained. Rooms are pleasant and comfortable, although not really special. Shower head was excellent and water pressure good. Air conditioning worked well and controlled by a thermostat on the wall. Cable TV had a nice choice of channels. Breakfast was very crowded most mornings, probably due to the presence of a veterans' convention at the hotel. The breakfast buffet offerings were slightly above average. Never ate lunch or dinner - there are lots of excellent restaurant offerings in Lexington.
Probably the best part of the stay was the personnel - virtually everyone was pleasant, friendly, and appeared to go out of his/her way to make our stay enjoyable.
We paid for two of our four nights, the other were paid by Hilton Hhonors points. The paid nights were rather pricey, probably due to the fact that Keeneland was running its fall racing schedule. Not a good value for the price we paid; had we paid 25 to 35% less, which is probably what these rooms run when there is no racing, the value would have been reasonable. The hotel has a fairly good location, depending on what you want to do in Lexington. It is immediately adjacent to a strip mall with some nice stores. Lexington's major shopping mall is only a few blocks away. There are a great many restaurants within a 4-5 minute drive of the hotel. Bluegrass Airport and Keeneland racetrack are only about 10-15 minutes away depending on traffic. Hotel is just off Nicholasville Road, a major artery into downtown Lexington, but traffic is horrible much of the time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Lexington Suites? Share your experiences!