“Our favorite restaurant for steak or prime rib” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Louisville, Kentucky
“Our favorite restaurant for steak or prime rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

First the real name is "The Chop House" for a correct search on the internet. We have eaten at multiple locations for this small chain of excellent food. Prime Rib is my favorite, but also great Ribeyes and NY Strip, and Fillets Sirloin is Ok but not as good as the others). Great choices on sides and we have always had great service. The entre include soup/salad and a side. Salads a very fresh and crisp. Great value with reasonable prices. Great atmosphere with setting beside of fireplace. You can call ahead for seating or reservations. I have eaten here (and in Dayton OH) with groups of 6-12 and have always gotten great service and there is no hassle whatever on split checks.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Dacula, GA
“outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The chop and baked sweet potato was to die for. As good as any I've had, and at a very reasonable price for the quality. I recommend this restaurant to any and all.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Best Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I know everyone has an opinion about the BEST steak house and in my opinion, this is the best in Lexington. Great cuts prepared as requested, great staff, homemade dressings and priced OK. I just think this one has it all. Just very happy with the restaurant.

Hollywood, Florida
“Above average and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm on business every week here in Lexington for a while. I'm glad to have found a place just walking distance from the hotel. There are times one just does not want to drive! When we arrived there was a crowd of about 10 people waiting (and it was a week night). We noticed that it was not because there were no empty tables but perhaps a shortage of servers. We waited about 15 minutes. I rarely eat meat as I am mostly a fish guy. I went for the prime rib, one of my colleagues had the horseradish crusted prime rib, and the other colleague had the lamb chops. I requested mine with fresh horseradish on the side. All dishes were cooked exactly how we wanted them (mine was bloody red). We all agreed the dishes were delicious. I had to track down the server because she forgot my horseradish. Other than that we were good for the night. We will be back as a go to place when we don't want to drive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

There were 5 in our party and everyone thought the food was good. The mac and cheese was really good and the steaks were cooked as ordered. They had a nice wine and beer selection. The desserts were good too. The service was excellent.

• Visited September 2013