“My Old Kentucky Home” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #113 of 772 Restaurants in Lexington
“My Old Kentucky Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My dad and I took my mother for Mother's Day on the dinner train. She absolutely loved it and we did too! It was the first time I've ever been on a train and it was a great experience. I met some great people, the service was excellent and the food was to die for! They have huge portions too! The scenery was spectacular! We went through neighborhoods, seeing families sitting on their front porch waving at us and rode through several horse farms admiring the horses prance through the fields. You cannot live or say you've been to Lexington, Kentucky without experiencing the RJ Corman Dinner Train!

• Visited May 2014

Kentucky
“Gracious Old Fashioned Southern Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The R. J. Corman Lexington Dinner Train in Lexington, Kentucky, has only been operating for a few months while My Old Kentucky Dinner Train, Bardstown, Kentucky, recently celebrated it's 25th anniversary. As soon as you see the train pulling into the station you feel like you're being greeted by the past. You're met by welcoming staff and are given your ticket to your dining adventure. The conductor welcomes you aboard and you enter the most beautifully restored dining car that is elegantly set and waiting for you. The staff and servers are very professional and set the tone for a wonderful meal as you start your journey across the most beautiful heartland of thoroughbred horse country anywhere. The meal and the scenery can only be described as enchanting. The food was prepared perfectly and was exactly what you'd expect on a trip such as this...upscale southern comfort. Everything was so picturesque and perfect for a special event or any time. If you ever have a chance to take a trip in time surrounded by elegance and the most wonderful food....don't hesitate. R. J. Corman Lexington Dinner Train is waiting for you.

• Visited February 2014
Stanford, Kentucky
“Best " Training " I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've wanted to try the Kentucky Dinner Train ,run by RJCorman railroad group, for years.
When company came from Vermont I decided to bring my wife and her to the dinner train.
We arrived a half hour before departure, which was at 6pm. We reserved a table for 4
and had a table on the left side, which is the more scenic side to ride on. Bruchetta and
bread, ham and cheese, and ice water were already at our table, along with a red rose
and fancy red napkins. Jamie,our waitress was super attentive and helpful. The chef
Jeff came several times to see if the food was good. It was GREAT! The smashed red
potatoes were amazing ,and well presented.The dessert was choo-choo for two.All
in all it was a wonderful experience everybody should try at least once.

• Visited April 2014
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Dress Up!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Very Nice! Took my Girlfriend on it for Valentine's Day. She loved it! Very romantic. We also were onboard the murder mystery train that was very cool and the actors did a great job. The only reason I gave them a four out of five is because I feel they should take your pic in front of the train or have a small gift shop or allow you to maybe purchase one of their stake knife's that had their logo on it they where pretty neat.

kentucky
“Great ride and meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Three of us went on the R. J. Corman Lexington Dinner Train for the evening ride and meal. We all had appetizers, Cesear Salads, Sea Bass with lump crabmeat over mashed potatoes with asparagus, different desserts and shared a bottle of wine. (Wine is separate cost.) The entrée was fanstatic. The ride took us behind Calumet Farm, Fares, Heaven Tree and several other farms before arriving in the city of Versailles. They only have one car but hopefully they will expand if this takes off. Easy location to get to in Lexington. Cost for evening is $84.95 plus tax for adults and gratuity is separate. Enjoyed ourselves and the meal was wonderful along with the ride. The only complaint we had was the noise (due to loud people and the train) since we had a hard time carrying on a conversation between ourselves. We were in the back of the car near the exit door.

• Visited September 2013