“Great local experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Chicago, Illinois
“Great local experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stopped here with the family on our way from Chicago to Tennessee. We wanted an authentic local dining experience and we got exactly what we were looking for. The kids LOVED the chicken tenders. Buffalo chicken dinner was excellent and you have to try the fried corn! Save room for a giant piece of homemade pie afterwards. Worth it! About a half mile off I-75 just south of Lexington. Take the time to stop here even f you're just passing through instead of heading to the old roadside standbys.

• Visited July 2014

Shepherdsville
“Great Home Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Wonderfully fresh vegetables and homemade meatloaf and pot roast. The corn, squash and fried okra were delicious. The atmosphere is very family oriented. The service is great. The brownie and peanut butter combo pie was unbelievable. We will stop there again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gilbertsville,
“very good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had a Sunday night meal there on June 1st, 2014, and it was delicious.
I recommend the pot roast-yummy. Very good southern home cooking. My daughter and I
ate there while visiting the Lexington area and the University of KY law school.

• Visited June 2014
Freehold
“Great Southern Food and Pies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

When in Lexington, you must eat at Ramsey's Diner. This is a place where the locals eat. Their food, service and atmosphere is as real as you can get for Southern Food. The amount of food is larger that you would expect and the quality is like eating home made food. Eating there for the first time was a real treat.

I ordered two Fried Chicken Breasts with Mac and Cheese, Okra and assorted Vegetables with Fried Corn on the Cob with Cheese. It was fantastic, all for under $12.00. And yes it came with three side dishes.

The best was yet to come, dessert from Missy's Pies. All I can say is go there and indulge with their pies. I ordered their Black Bottom Banana Pie. Chocolate filling with a layer of bananas and topped with whipped cream. Being a diabetic this was a treat I just had to have and glad I did.

Prior to going their I had one of their pies shipped to me by family there for my birthday, their Chocolate Brownie Pie. It is exactly the way they named it, a Pie crust filled with Chocolate Brownie filling. Oh that was so good. We even brought back to NJ two of their pies on the plane.

Going there for a real southern meal or just dessert you will not be sorry you went. You will be sorry if you don’t.

Visited May 2014
Fishers, Indiana
“Just what we wanted for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We shared our first, and probably not last, hot brown at Ramsey's, and enjoyed every bite. Probably not the best choice from a healthy eating point of view, but it sure was good! Definitely would stop again next time we pass though Lexington.

• Visited February 2014