“Great Home Cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Shepherdsville
“Great Home Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Wonderfully fresh vegetables and homemade meatloaf and pot roast. The corn, squash and fried okra were delicious. The atmosphere is very family oriented. The service is great. The brownie and peanut butter combo pie was unbelievable. We will stop there again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gilbertsville,
“very good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had a Sunday night meal there on June 1st, 2014, and it was delicious.
I recommend the pot roast-yummy. Very good southern home cooking. My daughter and I
ate there while visiting the Lexington area and the University of KY law school.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Freehold
“Great Southern Food and Pies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

When in Lexington, you must eat at Ramsey's Diner. This is a place where the locals eat. Their food, service and atmosphere is as real as you can get for Southern Food. The amount of food is larger that you would expect and the quality is like eating home made food. Eating there for the first time was a real treat.

I ordered two Fried Chicken Breasts with Mac and Cheese, Okra and assorted Vegetables with Fried Corn on the Cob with Cheese. It was fantastic, all for under $12.00. And yes it came with three side dishes.

The best was yet to come, dessert from Missy's Pies. All I can say is go there and indulge with their pies. I ordered their Black Bottom Banana Pie. Chocolate filling with a layer of bananas and topped with whipped cream. Being a diabetic this was a treat I just had to have and glad I did.

Prior to going their I had one of their pies shipped to me by family there for my birthday, their Chocolate Brownie Pie. It is exactly the way they named it, a Pie crust filled with Chocolate Brownie filling. Oh that was so good. We even brought back to NJ two of their pies on the plane.

Going there for a real southern meal or just dessert you will not be sorry you went. You will be sorry if you don’t.

Visited May 2014
Fishers, Indiana
“Just what we wanted for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We shared our first, and probably not last, hot brown at Ramsey's, and enjoyed every bite. Probably not the best choice from a healthy eating point of view, but it sure was good! Definitely would stop again next time we pass though Lexington.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Always a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I always have the hot brown and am never disappointed. Granted, you can feel those arteries clogging but it just wouldn't be a trip back home without one! We were passing through Lexington and this is my first choice for lunch. Also had the fried banana peppers and fried green tomato apps but have to admit they were a little bland. My own fault because they aren't in season but they could have used some seasoning. Still can't get enough of this place! Plus, they are the only place I know that serves Ale-8 in the returnable bottles!

Visited March 2014