“Average Food, Slow Service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #523 of 721 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Chinese
Morehead, KY
“Average Food, Slow Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Had an unfortunate experience with slow service and average food quality. Also overpriced.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good food w/ mediocre service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Food was excellent. Atmoshere was dated and wait staff were average at best.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lexington KY
“Good food.... but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I think Hunan has good quality food. If your used to the buffet style food and not used to the sit down style you may not like it. The food has flavor and they use good cuts of chicken for their chicken dishes, they use white meat and not dark meat. The quality of the food is why it's more expensive than other chinese restaurants. That being said there is one femlale server, the one that always wears black. She is always very rude to me. She clearly has her favorite customers and she shows it! I'm not a bad patron, so I have no idea what I did to rub her the wrong way. I have been about four times, it's very disappointing. I may have to ask her why she is so brash with me, then I may decide not to go back because of her. The other waitress is friendly to everyone.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
lexington, KY
“disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

We, my wife and I are your clients since 1992, so we can compare... In Junuary 1th just ordered our favorite dishes -- "Mushu pork" and "4 seas combo". What a disappointment! Fried rice is very bad too... And it is almost twice more expensive that in another chinese restaurants in our town! You should fire your cook, definitely!
Lexington, KY tenants.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
KY
“Absolutely Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I've been eating here for over 17 years now. The food is like no other! It is simply the best chinese food around! Unfortunately, we do not live close by, but we eat at Hunan's every time we visit Lexington (I introduced my husband to it several years ago.) The low mein can't be beat. Egg rolls and wonton soup are also superb! We love everything we've gotten here! Absolutely awesome!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere