“The best you can find in Lexington” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #198 of 768 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Korean
New York City, New York
“The best you can find in Lexington”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For Lexington, it's the best Korean restaurant you can find here. Although, if you want some good champong I would suggest you go to koreana down the street in woodhill. I usually go for their BBQ, or appetizers, and they are very consistent if not a little too much oil for me. Never try their buffet before, so I can't comment on that.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lexington
“friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were an eclectic group of 10, with a few Koreans to help us order and decide what to eat. Everything we had was good, and the restaurant is family friendly.

Visited June 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I am a "full-blooded" Korean who was looking for a place to eat. My wife who is a professor at EKU and I just moved into the neighborhood and was looking for places to go out to eat at. Upon my first visit, I had a good time. The server was friendly and was very attentive to my needs. The food was slighltly overpriced but we are thousands of miles away from Korea so I was Ok with that.
Initially, I was excited because I have food allergies, so I was looking forward to being able to go out to eat at a Korean restaurant on a regular basis. HOWEVER, upon my second visit, I dressed up as a 'broke-no money college student" and asked for a small serving of Kim chi for three dollars.
There was an older lady behind the counter and she gave me a very unfriendly, disrespectful look which indicated that she was really looking down on me, simply based on my casual attire, thinking that I didn't know what I was talking about. Well, I guess she didn't realize that I speak Korean fluently, am familar with the 'politics' of being Korean, speak four languages, English, Korean, Spanish and American Sign Language and hold three degrees, namely, an MBA, BA and an RN. So much for appearances...
Moreover, the Kim-chi was old and was only good for soup. I know my Kim-chi since I came over from Korea and my mother makes Kim-chi the old Korean way. So, now I get my Kim-chi at Walmart. At least, Walmart is nicer about me buying it from them and it tastes better too.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winston-Salem, NC
“Great lunchtime buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I was in Lexington on business and decided to try Korean. The restaurant was closed on Monday, so I was unable to eat dinner there, but I gave it another shot on Tuesday for lunch.

I was there at the front end of the lunch crowd, so everything was fresh and ready to go on the buffet. At about $8 it was a fantastic deal! I couldn't tell you what I ate, but I tried many items and all were great. Many of the items were a bit spicy, but in a good way. I'd gladly return to this restaurant for any meal!

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Tasty Korean Quisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

My family and I went to Arirang Garden to eat dinner, the food was wonderful and so delicious, we got the BBQ at the table. The only downside to this visit was the waitress that waited on us (she was a little heavy and young maybe early 20's) had a bad attitude,whenever we needed something extra she didn't seem too happy to wait on us. I don't think we will come back at this time of day if she is going to be the waitress waiting on us. Overall, the food was great!

• 5 of 5 stars Food