“Consistantly Good Food and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lexington, KY
“Consistantly Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My family and I dine here about three or four times a year and we have yet to have a bad experience. We typically go with the hibachi grill menu and always receive generous portions. My go-to is the shrimp and scallop combo with fried rice. Their sushi has always been good, too. We've tried pretty much every Japanese restaurant in Lexington and we always wind up coming back here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The food was of very high quality with fresh ingredients. One of the people in our group who loves sushi said he felt his sushi was "incredible". Staff very friendly. Only difficulty was that one person's meal arrived late and the other people were done eating.....thus only a "very good"

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
“Special dietary needs welcomed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently learned of a health condition for which I must have a gluten/dairy/soy free diet. Obviously, it is very difficult to eat Japanese food with these restrictions. I was very sad because it is a birthday tradition for my mother & I to go to Miyako for hibachi & sushi. My mom emailed the manager Andy and explained the situation. We brought our own peanut oil (they use canola which contains soy) and they seated us at our own separate hibachi grill & prepared the food to our specifications. Everyone was super friendly and Andy checked on us himself several times. I can't say enough about how great the staff was to go out of their way to make sure I could still have a nice birthday.

Lexington
“Great meal for 2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to try the Hibachi grill and we were not disappointed.
The flavor of the soup, salad and sushi were awesome. Plenty of food as we shared the meal for 2 with 3 children and they ate as much as we did.
The service was good and they made us feel very welcome. Also the chef was excellent!
Steak and shrimp were the best. The chicken was a little dry and the lobster needed some more butter but there was plenty of food and the vegetables were wonderful. Nice show on the grill too!
The ice creams are interesting too and always a good hit with the children.
This is our third visit and had the same meal for 2 each time. Every time the food is consistent and we leave having had a wonderful evening. The price is on the high side when you add drinks on.
We will visit again in the future.

• Visited December 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Not great not terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Sushi isn't that fresh and NEVER order over the phone. Out of the four times I did I never got the right order. There are way better places to go than this place.

Visited December 2012