“Good but chainish” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Notte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 789 Restaurants in Lexington
Cross street: Rojay
New Castle, Indiana
“Good but chainish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Visited here on the way back from vacation. I thought it would be a small, family run Italian restaurant. It is more like an Olive Garden or Bravo. The atmosphere is very loud and the place is quite large. The food was very good however except for the antipasto plate which consisted of only prosciutto, buffalo mozerella and garlic toast. No olives or greens.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent food, great service, very nice ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I went there twice. The first time, we had vegetarian lasagna (nice), the prosciutto (excellent with the melon) and another pasta. The passion fruit mojito was veeery bad, we didn’t drink it and the waiter didn’t charge for it.
The dessert was very nice.
The second time, we had a pesto pasta and this was fantastic! I would say the best pesto ever. The garden pasta was also amazing! We had a bottle of wine that was half price and it was very good. The dessert (tiramisu) was excellent.
The ambiance is very nice. The waiters are nice, but sometimes overwhelm. They also need to study the menu a bit more.
I would definitely go back here

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“My wife's favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We dined at Bella Notte this week while visiting family in Lexington. We visit several times a year and my wife always looks forward to her Bella Notte fix. The food, as usual, was very good. The service was excellent. It really is a gem for this city. We always ask them to open one in Austin!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Wow - My current favorite Italian restaurant in Lexington.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just realized that I had not reviewed Bella Notte,since it is easily my favorite Italian restaurant in Lexington. The atmosphere is wonderful. The full-sized olive tree in the middle of the dining area is a nice touch. The fresh baked bread is amazingly good. Their "Market Salad" is always another favorite. The only negative thing I can say is that I wish they had drought beer. Otherwise, I LOVE everything about dining there.What is not to like? It offers a great atmosphere,service and food that is reasonably priced. Sorry to sound as if I work there,but just trust me on this one and try it yourself.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great Italian food at a reasonable cost with good service makes Bella Notte hard to beat. We don't go here as often as we should, but when we do we've never been disappointed. The bread is great and goes well with the olive oil and seasonings. I tend to stay with simple dishes like pasta and meatballs but those in our party who have ordered more elaborate dishes were very pleased. On our last trip we tried the Creme Brulee for dessert and it was wonderful.

Visited May 2013