“nice standby” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Lexington, KY
“nice standby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

i think it's a lil pricey for the food, but it's always good. the service and the atmosphere are great too. probably the best Margaritas in town.

Lexington
“One of the best in Lexington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We are frequent visitors of Jalapeno's to both locations but we usually visit the New Circle location. Even though the parking lot may be full there is hardly ever a wait. The margaritas are strong and well made. Their queso is delicious and disappears quickly. The beans are fresh and good. We have our standard order (in fact I just say "my regular" and they know exactly what I want). Eight times out of ten I get the Tex Mex burrito. It's very filling, fresh and never disappoints. My fiance always gets the tacos al carbon or fajita tacos. Both are very good as well.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Tex-Mex”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Lexington's version of every other tex-mex place in every other city.

Visited December 2011
Kentucky
“Gem- good food and great margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We have been Jalapenos fans for years. We like the New Circle Road location for the authentic atmosphere. The Jalapenos margaritas are simply the best. We do the designated driver routine when we eat here. You don't want to drive after even one ot their margaritas.
Venture away from the standards and try some of the unique dishes on the menu. The shrimp Chilangos, the pork dishes and the chicken fajitas are wonderful. The chips are warm and crisp and the salsa iis tasty.
Service is very fast. More often than not, the tvs are tuned to a sporting event- usually a soccer gams. Prices are reasonable and we usually end up with a to go box full of food.
Overall, a good choice for a quick, tasty meal.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, ME
“Ignore the name - this is authentic and great Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The food was excellent, the prices were fair, the service was fast and friendly.

My sister and I were visiting Lexington under not very fun circumstances, and at the end of the day, we asked the front desk person where we could find a good margarita. He suggested Jalapeno's, and we were a little skeptical given the name. These guys know Mexican food - everything down to the rice and beans was flavorful, and clearly not out of can. I wish I had more time to try more menu options - but the guacamole, salsa, fajitas for two with chicken and pork and hornitos margaritas were everything I hope for when ordering those items. Then, when we got the check, we were blown away by the price - much lower than we are used to spending on that much food and drink. If I find myself back in the area, I will go back.

• Visited November 2011