“Nice Place for a meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
“Nice Place for a meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and great sauces. The Marsala sauce is wonderful. For some meals my wife and I enjoy having the calamari Ricardo and lentil soup. The wood-fired pizzas are tasty, too. My only compliant is that the chairs at the high tables in the bar area are difficult to move into and away from the table. This is one place we go several times a month.

Visited October 2013

82% Recommend
Goshen, KY
“Okay but nothing exceptional.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ate here with friends late on a Friday evening. They do take reservations which was helpful given the size of our group (16). The menu was relatively diverse and I can't speak to the wine list as my wife and I don't partake. My spouse ordered Manicotti and I ordered the Chicken & Spinach cannelloni and both came with side salads. Free bread and olive oil are provided as an appetizer. Our food was hot but the portions not as large as other Italian restaurants. The side salad pales in comparison to the quality and of course the all you can eat salad you get at the Olive Garden. Though we ordered different entrees (see above), both of our dishes looked identical and really didn't taste all that different. I liked the cheese and sauce but it overwhelmed the chicken and spinach in my dish. The servers were friendly and quick and very patient with a group our size. The restaurant was clean and the prices seemed reasonable but would have provided more value had the entrees and salad been more exceptional. All in all it was an okay restaurant but nothing to rave about.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Don't go late”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Knowing that Carrabba's is a successful chain I can only hope that my recent experience in Lexington was an exception, and not that the American palate has degraded to such a point that this type of food is considered acceptable. On this outing I was accompanied by my wife and a friend. My wife and I were traveling, the friend was local to Lexington. We had pushed the speed limits all day in order to make this brief rendezvous with our friend, and were looking forward to a delicious relaxing meal. Maybe it was too late when we arrived (8:30) and the chef's (no, cook's would be a more adequate description) were in no mood to make something fresh. So, not to hold you in suspense: the Minestrone was Boring (yes, with a capital B), and I ordered an antipasta appetizer plate for my meal--calamari was awful, it had to be the scraps left over from earlier in the day. Looking at the company website one finds a golden fried example with plump bodies and tenticles. Mine were white and crumbly with no tentacles included whatsoever, and tasteless. I want to stress, tasteless. The kind of tasteless that you don't even want to put in your mouth. Bruschette is advertised with the Antipasta appetizer. I was served a bowl of sauce instead. No explanation why (and no, I didn't ask or complain. Too tired and late and didn't want to complain when I suspected our friend would insist on picking up the tab. Shouldn't a server know the composition of the meals?), The Mozzarella Marinara was actually okay. Bread was burned. Seriously. I can't not recommend this restaurant strongly enough.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Berea, Kentucky
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It was DELICIOUS! It was NOT overpriced. We were able to feed a family of four including ordering an appetizer for under $60. It was very well lit and not extremely quiet which is great for a family setting but I would not go there for a romantic dinner.

Visited August 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Lack of fresh ingredients”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Try somewhere else. Other than the lack of fresh ingredients in the main course, one stands out the most. We ordered Bruschette as an appetizer. What was served was 8 slices of toasted French bread and tomato paste with Ricotta cheese. When we said we thought there would be fresh ingredients with this and not some "dippin" sauce for the fresh frozen pannini we were laughed at with no apology. We live within walking distance to the restaurant and I can assure anyone we will not go back.

• Visited August 2013