“Good place for a business group dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 746 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quality
Description: Portofino features an inventive menu of Italian and American cuisine. Located in a beautifully renovated building on Main Street in downtown Lexington, KY, Portofino has an elegant interior design, a menu with the highest quality ingredients, and an extensive wine list.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good place for a business group dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I recently had dinner here with nine colleagues. I arrived fifteen minutes early and was pleased to see that the table for 10 was ready. Service was great. The drinks, appetizers, and food came promptly. The bruschetta was tasty. I had the bourbon-glazed salmon with the orzo for my meal and it was delicious. There is ample parking on either side of the building. I came through Quality Street, so could only make a left on E. Main Street. However, since it was after 5:30 p.m., I was able to park in the parking lot in front of Portofino's entrance. I would return to dine here again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CCC_wanderlust

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal with attentive service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The Osso Buco was tender and had an excellent flavor. Veal meatballs Marsala was also very enjoyable. Accompanied by a nice Malbec created an excellent meal. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. This is a great choice if you are in Lexington.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jake B
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had visited a couple of bourbon distilleries and were heading back to Versailles. My husband was very eager to try a particular bourbon which is VERY difficult to get (Pappy VanWinkle). We were told the bar at Portofino might have it. We stopped into the visitors' center in Lexington and one of the workers there called Portofino to ask. My husband spoke to the hostess who said yes, they did have Pappy's, so off we went. The restaurant is slightly upscale and we weren't dressed for it (but neither were any of the other patrons). We were told to have the bruschetta as a starter and weren't disappointed. It is addictive. We had the veal marsala meatballs, which were outstanding, and a chicken dish. Of course, a bottle of wine, and yes, a Pappy! Our waiter couldn't have been nicer and spent a lot of time discussing bourbon with my husband. FYI, their sister restaurant is Serafini in Frankfort, KY, which we were told has excellent food (and Pappy). I highly recommend Portfino.

• Visited May 2014
Williamstown, Kentucky
“Great Downtown Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for dinner on a weekend out of town and we love good Italian food - Portofino did not disappoint.

The restaurant is located on Main St. in downtown and is situated in the first floor of a renovated building. The layout is a bit quirky as the restaurant has several connected rooms but the atmosphere is nice. We did not go out on the patio but it looks like nice place to be when the weather is warm.

The menu is Italian with some American additions. We started with the Bruschetta - the bread is great but the gorgonzola cheese sauce stole the show. We could've just made of meal of the bruschetta - highly recommend this if you like warm bread with fresh tomatoes and then the cheese sauce - who doesn't?

We split the house ravioli with marina - which was fresh and very good. My wife had the grilled salmon and I the osso buco. She said the salmon was excellent but a huge portion. My osso buco was very good, great flavors and very rich but a bit overcooked and dry. Our server was very attentive and took great care of us.

Overall, we really liked Portofino and will stop there again some time.

Visited May 2014
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“A Very Pleasant Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I took my mother to Portofino for a late lunch. Parking is conveniently located next to the building, which allows for the avoidance of downtown parking garages. The ambience is fabulous and includes exposed brick walls and soft music playing in the background. The restaurant staff was pleasant and professional -- definitely not the indifferent college kids that work in so many of Lexington's restaurants. We received a friendly greeting from the hostess upon entering the restaurant and were seated promptly. Our server Tom was exceptional. He knew the menu well and was readily able to answer questions about it; he was attentive without being intrusive. Both my mother and I ordered an arugula salad and pasta -- hers a meatless dish and mine the bolognese. We both liked the truffle vinaigrette on the salad and enjoyed our pasta. Lunch for two (before tip; no alcohol) was $33. It was money well spent for one of the most pleasant meals I've had in Lexington in quite some time. I will certainly return.

• Visited May 2014