“Amazing find” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Deerfield, Illinois
“Amazing find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I were traveling through Lexington on our way from Asheville back home to Chicago and happened upon your restaurant. What a great find. The menu was so extensive that it was difficult to decide on a dinner choice. The decor made our experience memorable and the food was so delicious that I have been searching for a Lentil Soup recipe that comes close to yours since I got home. We just wish there was a Shakespeare and Co in the Chicagoland area. Care to share the soup recipe?

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mark C, Manager at Shakespeare and Co, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Linda,

Thanks for the great review. We try to provide a memorable dining experience and it looks like were able to provide this experience for you. The Lexington location is our first one in the United States and we do have plans to expand to other parts of the country. Hopefully one day soon we will be in the Chicago land area. I will ask the Chef about your request for the Lentil soup recipe, but I am sure once I ask he will run me out of the kitchen.

Once again thanks for taking the time to visit and write a review about your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Orchard Park, New York
“Great Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stopped by this very cozy place on the corner the night before and had a glass of wine. Noticed they had a breakfast menu so we stopped back the next morning. The restaurant is very inviting and almost feels like you're walking into a grand parlor of a period long ago. You can sit a a table or choose a sofa and high back chairs to enjoy a pastry or crepe and coffee. The breakfast menu is no extensive but there is plenty to choose from sweet and savory crepes to very fresh and sizable omelets. I had the egg white omelet and it was served with roared potatoes, asparagus spears greek yogurt and fruit and wheat toast. The fruit tasted like it was previously frozen but the rest of the meal was excellent and more than I could eat. While I did not try one of their pastries or crepes, I saw plenty of them come out and they looked delicious! The staff was very friendly and added to a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Bitpals,

I am glad you decided to try us for breakfast. We are fast becoming the place to enjoy a relaxing breakfast, lunch and dinner. We proudly serve our breakfast menu all day. In fact you can get anything on our menu any time of the day.

Thanks, for taking the time to visit and write a review of your experience. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Pikeville, Kentucky
“Very nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very nice decor. Very good lunch menu with good service. Enjoyed the good corned beef sandwich and others had nice Lunch salads.

Visited September 2013
Dear Bjim1941,

Thanks for taking the time to visit our restaurant and write a review. Hopefully on your next visit, from the home of the Pikeville Panthers, you will join us again for dinner and drinks.
“I'm sorry we are out of that too....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our first time at this particular restaurant. We decided to go to Keeneland for the races but stopped in downtown lexington for brunch before. Its charming inside and quite crowded. Ordering was like from a bad dream. 4 or 5 items we were trying to order they were out of...said they were "busy" that weekend. what is up with that. every restaurant I go to is usually busy. This is a sign of a poorely run place. Food management 101 course would be my suggestion. I laughed as we were going to eat at the Village Idiot next door which has a name more fitting of our experience here. The burger I did get was very good and hit this spot. Maybe we will try it again maybe not.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Paul,

I would like to apologize for your recent experience. I have no excuse for the kitchen running out of items. Out of one item sometimes can not be helped but to be out of three or four is unacceptable. Your review has been discussed with the Chef and this will not happen again.

I would like to invite you to return and give us the opportunity to earn your business and also provide you with an enjoyable meal.
London, england
“Tries hard but delivers little.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We visited on our first night in town as it looked inviting. The ambience was good and the service generally attentive. The menu tried hard to cover all options. As a result it was neither fine dining or casual dining. Our starter, hummus, could not have been identified as such on a blind tasting. The balsamic on my wife's salad was more tar than dressing. Wine was delivered after rather than before starter. Best avoided.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Taxdoug,

I am sorry for your recent experience at our restaurant. We strive to provide great food and service to our guests and it appears that we missed our opportunity on your visit. I have shared and discussed your comments with the Chef. Hopefully you spoke to the manager on duty about your experience and he responded in a manner that was to your satisfaction.