“Friendly/warm staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Lexington near the University of Kentucky

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Lexington near the University of Kentucky to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Lexington near the University of Kentucky
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Daniels, West Virginia
“Friendly/warm staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The staff at SpringHill Suites always makes me feel welcome. Thank you for providing a warm welcome and stay. Great location for working at area Hospitals. Safe location and no thru traffic noise. As always one of the best staff teams this location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SpringHillLexington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington near the University of Kentucky, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate your business & are so glad that our staff & location were able to meet your needs while working in Lexington. Thanks again for choosing SpringHill & we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I had a good stay at this property. My room was spacious and clean (the remote control and the iron were broken, but that was easily resolved with a single phone call to the front desk). The location is convenient...about 2 miles from downtown. I did not try the breakfast at the lobby, but there is a Waffle House just steps away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SpringHillLexington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington near the University of Kentucky, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you choosing SpringHill Suites near the University of Kentucky. We truly value your business & are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate your feedback & hope to see you again soon!
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very nice hotel with good staff. Excellent breakfast. Awesome pizza recommendation from hotel. If you would lik the best pizza in Lexington order from Goodfellas. Excellent caprese salad and delicious pizza. Best thin crust ever

Room Tip: Not really close to any restaurants that you can walk to. Beautiful view overlooking the race track...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing SpringHill Suites while visiting the Lexington area. We truly appreciate your business & are so glad that our staff & breakfast were able to meet your travel needs. Thanks for your feedback & we look forward to seeing you again soon!
KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Checked into the hotel on a Thursday. Didn't pay to much attention to another guest that was complaining that their room didn't get cleaned during the day. Manager gave standard, "Blah, blah, don't know what happened".

So Friday I go out for the day and tell the maid to please clean my room. "No Comprende??" no idea what you are telling me Senior'???? So, I go to the front desk and tell the manager to make sure our room gets cleaned. The room of course didn't get cleaned when I get back to the room at 6PM so I call the front desk. "Sorry, all maids went home" That is really weak, so I said "Send up towels and sheets", reply from front desk "we'll send them right up"......30 minutes later, NOTHING. So, I went down to the front desk and demanded to see the manager. Then the front desk finally sent up the towels.

I travel around the world frequently and thought I had seen everything but learned something new Saturday morning. As I was discussing the previous days maid activities with the Manager at 8:30AM, the maids were going up and down the entire floor putting little notes saying "We respect your privacy and Do not Disturb sign so we will not clean your room today. They were putting these under every door regardless of if you had a Do Not Disturb sign on your door or not. NICE move.. so I immediately took the note right back to the manager and I think he called upstairs and said cut the crap. I then saw a legion of angry maids pulling out their carts and cleaning all of the rooms. I think I short circuited their Saturday "day off" plans.

Overall, not impressed, the clientele was a little nicer but the hotel itself was not any better than a Hampton Inn or Drury Inn.

Room Tip: Consider other hotels.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites while visiting Lexington. We appreciate your feedback & I cannot apologize enough for the housekeeping issues you experienced. I completely understand your frustration & I can assure you that it has been addressed with our staff. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations & I will be more than happy to rebate part of your stay. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance & we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Ok it's a chain but you wouldn't know it from the friendly, helpful staff at the front desk. The rooms are very comfortable, light and - if you're at the back - with great views over the race track. It was like being in the countryside but only 20 mins walk (3 mins drive) from all the restaurants of downtown Lexington. The walls are thick enough to not be disturbed by neighbours (rare in my experience of US chain hotels) and the gym, though tiny, had new and well looked after equipment. The breakfast isn't very exciting (my quest for plain yoghurt continues) with limited fruit and the inevitable plastic cutlery and paper plates but hey - it's free and there's plenty of it. And there's always Starbucks just across the road for a strong coffee top up. In short, a good hotel. No actually, for the price, it's actually a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, overlooking the race track
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SpringHillLexington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington near the University of Kentucky, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us while in the Lexington area. We really appreciate your business & are happy to know that our service & value exceeded your expectations. Thanks again & we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel was great! I was able to turn right in from the busy S Broadway street that the hotel is off of. But another great aspect, is that SpringHill is far enough away from the street so that no noise was heard! I had a fantastic view of the Red Mile Racetrack, which the helpful man at the desk was able to tell me more information about. The sweet young ladies working the desk at night recomended some great resturaunts (JDI is fantastic, btw). The granola cereal in the morning was a great addition to my greek yogurt, which accompanied my Starbucks coffee which was right across the street! The room was clean and spacious, the seperate "foyer" area was so helpful to my family! This was a great stay and I know exactly where I will be staying when I return to Lexington.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers face the Race Track
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing SpringHill Suites & for taking the time to post this review. We truly appreciate your business & are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

First, I want to say that the staff was extremely warm and the entire facility immaculate. My biggest complaints are with the room set up. We try to get "suites" when traveling with kids to make sure we have enough space for the teens and that those who get up early don't bother the late sleepers. This room's bathroom is in the middle of the bedroom area. You can't shield the lights from the sink area from those sleeping in the beds. Also there is no dresser in the room, only 2 closets. As others have commented, the pool picture on the website is misleading. There is actually a sign stating "no more than five people in the pool at any time." Breakfast was fine, nothing too fancy, but nice selection of hot and cold foods. Exercise equiptment has TVs attached to them, so each person can watch what they want--this room was always busy between 7 and 8 am. I was told I had a view of The Red Mile, but my view was totally obstructd by trees. I am glad I didn't pay for the upgraded room with the "better" view. The hotel wasn't far from downtown (less than a mile from many historical sites, attractions and great dining options) but you wouldn't want to walk. You can't ever make a left turn out of the lot. I might return with only my spouse, not with the kids.

Room Tip: check view before accepting room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SpringHillLexington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington near the University of Kentucky, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing SpringHill Suites while visiting Lexington. I'm terribly sorry that you were disappointed with the room setup, but glad to know that our staff service & cleanliness were able to meet your travel needs. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance & we hope to see you again soon!

Been to SpringHill Suites Lexington near the University of Kentucky? Share your experiences!