“No complaints from us...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA & CAA Savings!
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Lexington
New York
“No complaints from us...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

For a weekend visit to Lexington, this property provided all the comforts that come with a two-room suite--full kitchen, sofa bed and sitting area. The breakfast was a nice buffet and I appreciated that they use real plates and cutlery (I always cringe at all the paper and plastic trash generated by a single meal). They also serve evening snacks, which we did not get to sample. The staff was helpful, rooms were clean and location was 10 minutes from both the airport and downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Williams Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have stayed here a few times. The last time 2 years ago. I was a little worried given some of the recent reviews, but the place is the same as 2 years ago and therefore just fine. The people are nice, the place is clean, and the rooms are kept nicly. I think if you read between the lines of some of the negative reviews a big downer for those people was no wireless internet in the rooms (just wired internet). Well as of a couple weeks ago they installed wireless service, so that is not a problem anymore

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a very nice hotel but I do have to point out some small things that made me come down on my overall score. Ist off there is no wireless internet in the room. This may not be a big deal for some but me being a frequent business traveler sometimes I like to work in bed and that was not possible. There was also limited outlets in the room near the bed so plugging my computer in while in bed was an issue.

Again these are just things I would have liked in a room but overall the hotel is very clean, the breakfast and dinner they served was excellent, staff was good and the hotel was local to a lot of eateries and shops. I would stay here again without question just wish they would fix these small things.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LaTonyaJ, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I am sorry you had a negative experience with our internet service, however I am happy to announce our property was upgraded to wireless internet access today. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.
us
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the third visit for our group. We got two rooms with 2 beds and a pull out couch. It is a great value compared to other hotels in the area which charge more for less people in the room. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was nice. It is very close to the mall. There is astore within walking distance if you forgot to pack something or you can stock the fridge. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Asked for more towels and they were there instantly. Will return

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Leavenworth, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We didn't get to see much of this hotel, since the a/c went out before we arrived. We had to be put up at the Hilton Suites around the corner. We were upset with the lack of notice, but very happy to find out that they comped our one night stay, because of the inconvience. The rooms at the Hilton Suites were nice and the view over the pool and pond were nice. Lack of communication left us with two double beds instead of a king which we requested. We ate breakfast at the Hilton Suites buffet and it was bad. Food was very bland and not much of a selection. The cost of 15.95 was way too high. I am glad Homewood Suites covered it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LaTonyaJ, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced a nonstandard situation with our air conditioning malfunction. I am glad that your alternate accommodations were pleasant however we apologize you were disappointed in the meal selection. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us so that we may make up for the inconvenience experienced on this visit.
Schaumburg, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel was very expensive for the quality of service and amenities. There was no WiFi in the rooms. When we arrived, the crib we requested was not in our rooms. A very sullen staff member was sent up with a pack and play and we had to ask her to bring us a real crib.
The beds were very uncomfortable - they were too soft and offered very little support. The mattress on the roll-away bed was a joke. Also, the mattress in the crib we used was very thin and we had to improvise and use a lot of padding and blankets to make it comfortable for our child.
Some of the TV channels were not available due to some issues with Direct TV so there was little choice for our kids. In addition the movies are very expensive and once you rent them and watch them, you can't watch them again even though the TV menu stated that movies would be available until noon the next day. For $18 a movie, I should be able to watch the movie as often as I like for at least 24 hours.
I was very disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kelli K, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your review. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways to keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback. I apologize for any discomfort experienced in your room as well as for the lack of internet accessibility and want you to know that we are actively working on correcting this deficit. The next time you are in area, please consider staying with us again.
midlothian, virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is our third visit here. We called to make a reservation and the call was disconnected after
a long wait. When I called back, I was told the desk clerk had been talking to someone in the
lobby and no attempt was made to help me. I was pretty turned off, but we wanted to
stay close to relatives and checked in anyway. Our room was o.k., but the greeting we
received was pretty uninviting. The bedding was as nice as always but the room was
a bit shabbier than I remembered. Breakfast was good, but despite asking to have a
door oiled so we wouldn't wake each other up on visits to the bathroom at night, nothing
was done. On being asked to have this done after dinner, the desk clerk did come up and
take care of it. Our room was not serviced at all during the day. We didn't expect clean
linens, but emptying the trash would have been nice. I doubt I would stay here again.
I was disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli K, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay and we apologize for the service issue you encountered while making your reservation as well as the housekeeping issue during your stay. Less than helpful staff and unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our phone etiquette matches our on property standards and that our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.