“Definitely” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Lemont, Illinois
“Definitely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Every employee I came in contact with was great. i had a couple of awesome restaurant recommendations and they all worked out great. Johhny Carinas was the place the lady at the front desk recommended and she was spot on.

I Will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South / Hamburg Place, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review here on Trip Advisor. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! I will certainly share your kind words with my staff. I'm glad they could point you in the right direction for dining options. Thank you again, and we hope to have you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a studio suite featuring a king size bed. The room was fairly large with a small kitchen, a sitting area and the bedroom. There is no separation between the areas, so if you have small children who may sleep late while you get up for morning coffee, I would select the one bedroom suite. The hotel is in a nice area right off I-75 with lots of restaurants nearby. The room was clean and the bed was ok. The AC is right next to the bed and blows cold air on the person on that side of the bed. The bathroom is very functional with the commode and shower separated from the sink and mirror by a door. There is a small outside pool without a slide. The free breakfast is better than most, although they could use a second waffle maker. We were not able to make a waffle during the 20 minutes we were there as the one available was always busy. In addition, they could use a second elevator as the one they have is very busy with people checking out and the maids going up to the rooms.
The one major issue we had was they are a pet friendly hotel. We wanted a non pet room as my wife has very severe allergies. The first room they put us in (225) had obviously had a dog in it previously as my wife started sneezing within 15 minutes. When she went to the front desk to inquire about that, she was told that 225 was a non pet room. Within a half hour after that, she was totally stopped up, eyes watering. We went to the front desk again and seeing her discomfort, they moved us to 406. Fortunately, they had another room although the desk person told us they were almost full. If they had not had another room, we would have had to change hotels. For that reason, we would not take they risk again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South / Hamburg Place, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your thorough review. Guest feedback is crucial to our success, and the details you listed in your review will certainly be used to help us better serve our guests in the future. I'm happy that you found some enjoyments in your stay, but at the same time truly apologize for some of the shortcomings you encountered while here. Although stated otherwise, I hope you will still consider us for your future travels to Lexington. If you contact me personally, I will assist in any way I can that you receive an allergen-free suite, and that you get that waffle in the morning. :) Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend and we hope to see you again!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Several times per year I meet my daughter, and son in law and grandson at this Residence Inn. Great hotel services including our treatment by George and Assistant Manager, Shanna at the Front Desk. Rooms were clean, well appointed and spacious. Once again, our loyalty to the Marriott system was appositive experience. There are good local dining spots in the area, providing a variety of tasty meal selections. Following our visit, Shanna checked with me to learn if our stay at the hotel went well. Good touch! Also, an email from Chris, General Manager following my response to Shanna was professional touch and appreciated by me.

Room Tip: Enjoy the breakfast, and eat lunches and dinners at Johnny Carino's and bd's Mongolian Grill...
Green Features: Grandson and I spent extended time walking the halls and climbing stairs for exercise and "child tiring." Very clean...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the compliments! I really appreciate you taking the time to submit a review here on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I will certainly let Shanna and George know that their service was recognized. I hope you continue to choose us for your future family trips to Lexington. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend and hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I booked a two bedroom suite with a kitchenette. Probably could have done without the kitchenette, yet it did break up the room for a bit of environmental change. Staff was super nice, breakfast had plenty of options, rooms were clean and they were very well prepared.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review! Your kind words are truly appreciated. The staff always loves to hear positive feedback, so yours will make their day. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to accommodate you again in the future. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had booked a 2-bedroom suite, which worked great for us - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a shared living room. Perfect! As usual, the room was very cold for us Floridians (73F!) but the heating worked great. The beds were very comfortable, and the area was very quiet. There are lots of outlets for chargers, and the bathrooms were spacious enough, with good water pressure in the shower. We didn't really use the kitchen, except for the fridge, so can't comment on that.

Front desk staff was also very friendly (sorry, I don't remember names). The hotel is close to restaurants, and offered an abundant free breakfast, although there was only one waffle maker. This Residence Inn actually has real china for breakfast, as opposed to styrofoam plates and plastic utensils in most of Residence Inns we've stayed. Wifi worked great. I would recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South / Hamburg Place, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your wonderful review with my staff. Again, I'm happy we could meet your expectations, and hope to have you again soon! Thank you!
Frankfort, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed there for 4 nights last week and I felt like I was at home. Shannon greeted us when we arrived and the whole staff was very kind and courteous. The kindness started before check-in when I had called to get my stay extended. They were originally booked but when they had a cancellation, they called me to see if I still wanted to come in early. Residence Inn is one of my favorite places to stay because of the apartment style and the food, but this was outstanding because of the staff!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor near the elevator and heard NO noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South / Hamburg Place, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for a great review! I'm so glad you felt at home when away from home, as that is our goal. I will certainly share your review with my staff. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to provide such great feedback. Have a great week and hope to see you again soon!
West End, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I am a loyal Marriott rewards member, and choose Marriott's whenever possible, specifically Residence Inn's as I often travel with my three children. I want to tell you, from the of moment we arrived,our stay was excellent. Brandan at the front desk was to thank for our memorable stay. He welcomed us warmly and sincerely and was eager to make restaurant recommendations for us. He was full of in formation about the area and made it his goal to ensure me and my kids had wonderful stay. He brought us out a stack of towels while we were in the pool, without us even asking. Did I mention the coins? I was throwing a penny in the pool for my kids to search for...Brandon unselfishly reached in his pocket and threw in all his loose change as well! He went way above his call of duty,
As if that weren't enough, the next morning, when we went down for breakfast I stopped at the front desk to compliment Brandon. Assistant Shanna was working. My gosh, she was as pleasant and helpful as Brandon! She too went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed!
Of course the room, facilities were consistent with Residence Inn's around the country. The location was terrific for us because it was near a huge shopping and dining complex. The breakfast was excellent as well. I was so impressed with this particular Residence Inn, I made future reservations before I even checked out!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank so you so much for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! I will certainly share your kind words with Brandon and Shanna. I know it will make their day that they made yours. :) Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback. Have a great week and we'll see you the next time you're in Lexington!

Been to Residence Inn Lexington South / Hamburg Place? Share your experiences!