“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great service, clean, well maintained property. Check-in was quick and easy, the property was very nice. Meijer store nearby, several restaurants, too. I booked online and got a very good rate. No trouble at check-in. I will stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Lexington is an interesting layout of Intersrate highways & Roads. Must look at google maps or discoverymaps.com to understand location of this Residence Inn vs other hotels.
Pros: clean, typical Residence Inn, just off Man-o-War (main road) though quite and customer service , dining 5 min away and shopping across street

Cons: interestingly right next to residential and not close to anything of interest to me. Shopping is everywhere so not sure of the lure of this location.

All in all, I would come back for the price , cleanliness and customer service. Not to mention the amenities Residence Inns have (kitchenette) is a big PLUS!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our way to Florida, I was so impressed with the cleanliness and the staff at this hotel. We arrived and was greeted by a gentleman who was so nice and I had asked for a quiet room as I am a very light sleeper, he gave us the top floor and I heard nothing all night I slept like a baby. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was amazing, fresh fruit salad and the yogurt with granola and you can add strawberries and blueberries, I loved it all !!
Will be back for sure to this hotel.

Room Tip: top floor !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn and were very pleasantly surprised to find that we had a complete suite for less than $100 a night. We arrived very late, around 1am after traveling up I75 from Florida and were totally exhausted so didn't use any of the facilities of the hotel. Our suite consisted of a living area, fully equipped kitchen with table and chairs and private bedroom and bath. There were two tv's in the suite although we used neither.
Breakfast was served downstairs and was so much more than the usual waffle and cereals. There was fresh fruit including blueberries and strawberries for the waffles, yogurt and granola with blueberries chilling, hot eggs and bacon and hash browns. There was someone cleaning the tables and removing old dishes immediately when guests were through. The whole hotel was clean and all staff was very friendly, including the receptionist at 1am!!
We asked for a quiet rooom and received one. we didn't hear a single noise from the hall or outside all the time we were there. The hotel is a little off the beaten track so no highway noise but it only tpook two minutes to get there from I75. All in all a very nice place to stay. My only negative comment is that there was a small stain on the carpet that hadn't been removed but maybe it wouldn't come off. We will definitely stay there again on our way south next year and have already recommended to several friends.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the lower parts of the hotel. room 410. very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just wish we had more time to spend here! My daughter and her two children and I stopped here on our trip back home from Charlotte. The accommodations were perfect; I had my own bedroom and bath, she and her daugher shared a bedroom and bath, and her son slept on the pull-out sofa. (He was so impressed that the room had 3 tv's!) Everything was very clean, and the beds were fairly comfy. The pillows were plentiful and fluffy. The decor was modern and attractive.

I guess I had not realized that one could spend just one night at one of these hotels, as they are designed for extended stays. But now that I know, I will be looking for more of them when I travel. There is a small kitchen area with table & chairs (I did notice there were not any pots or pans but perhaps are available on request.)There was a coffeemaker & toaster, microwave & fridge, along with dishes & silverware. Room service is available (I think it comes from a nearby restaurant). It is VERY convenient, not only to the highways, but also to numerous restaurants, stores, and a Meijer grocery store. (We ate at Old Chicago and would recommend it.) There was even a Starbucks nearby to feed my daughter's caramel macchiato addiction.

I noticed an outdoor area that would be great in nicer weather: firepit & chairs, grill, pool, tennis court. The full breakfast buffet was outstanding. That day they had scrambled eggs, sausage, eggs florentine, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, cereal, and the usual juices/coffee. This area also has a sitting area with books, games, and coffee available all day.

So if you're looking for a restful night with convenience, this is your place! I received a decent deal on hotels.com; pricier than some of the other places in Lexington, but well worth it for a good night's sleep. And if you are staying more than one night, you would definitely be pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clarendon Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was a perfect place to stop on our drive home from Savannah. The 2 room suite had plenty of room for our two boys, my husband, and my mom. I was pleasantly surprised to find a full kitchen. The free breakfast was wonderful, much more than you expect for "free" breakfasts.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow. What a great place to stay. The two of us stayed in a studio room and it was absolutely beautiful. There is plenty of storage -- two closets. The kitchen area is well stocked with cooking utensils. However there are so many good eateries nearby you probably won't want to use them. The living area is spacious and comfortable as was the king sized bed. I would definitely stay here again although if the children were with us I would reserve a larger room.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Lexington South / Hamburg Place? Share your experiences!