“Wonderful experience all around” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Cape Coral, Florida
“Wonderful experience all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A friend of mine and I stayed for 8 nights in a two bedroom suite, while visiting with old college friends. I can't say enough about how great this place was - the helpful staff, the good breakfasts, the service in the room, etc. It was VERY roomy - we felt like we were renting an apartment. We had our privacy, but could also relax together in living room and chat. It was extremely quiet - even when overflowing on the weekend. The beds were awesome. TVs in each room. I was able to use the gym each morning and the easily did my laundry one evening. The staff answered questions and provided assistance immediately as needed. There is huge grocery store across the street, as well as multiple restaurants right down the street. Everything about this place was first rate - will always stay here in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor - but easiest in and out would be from the 2nd floor - this is ground level...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night while we were in town for a wedding - my husband had planned to return to the hotel for the night but ended up staying all night at the bachelor party with his friends. This is an excellent property - convenient to many shops/restaurants, the front desk staff was courteous and attentive, the room was very clean and spacious (LOVE the kitchenette - very modern design!), and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was decent, standard fare as in most hotels. My only concern was that I was on the ground floor, in an end room very close to the exterior entrance, and the exterior door DID NOT LOCK - front desk said they were "waiting for a part to come in" but were watching it closely. It unnerved me quite a bit to sleep alone in a room, knowing anyone could walk in off the street and into my hallway... I slept fitfully that night. Thankfully nothing happened. I will certainly recommend this property, but management, please secure your facility at all times for guests' sake!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I will never say that every Residence Inn is the same because this property was outstanding. From the time I checked-in (Aug 30th 2012) to the time I checked-out the staff was brilliant. There was a gentleman at the front desk that checked me in; who was also new to the property did an outstanding job. My family that lived in Lexington came with me to check-in and they were all in amazement. I lived in Lexington many, many, many years ago but this property and area has a lot to offer (many restaurants and shops). I will return! I know you desire to hear about the good stuff, hahaha and yes I have some to tell. The breakfast was to die for (in slang terms). I mean the food was fresh and never limited. One thing I wish for the property was that the pool area stayed open longer hours. Yes I know that most if not all hotel properties have pool area operating hours but the ambiance of the area just calls your name to stay, lol.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Staff: Polite & Attentive. Room: Large and clean: Breakfast: Excellent. Location: Excellent. The only thing that kept thing stay from being five star was was the HVAC. I simply could not get the room comfortable, it was either too cold or too hot. The thermostat was not intuitive.

The bigger supervise was the City of Lexington. This is one of the cleanest and courteous cites I have seen. We attended a country music show in a down home atmosphere. By the time we left we knew all the people at our table and had been given a list of places to visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I got a great summer weekend rate and stayed here August 11th after a 13 hour drive. We had a king studio suite, which was perfect for the two of us. The room was clean, quiet, with a comfortable bed. The kitchenette and living area make a hotel stay so much better than a typical hotel room! We got takeout from one of the local restaurants and ate in. We hadn't been to Lexington before and were pleased to discover the hotel is in a suburban shopping/restaurant area, so there were many, many dining options. It is close to the interstate, but not on top of it, so that was also a plus. We didn't have any issues with plumbing or the tvs as some have mentioned. Breakfast was excellent. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed here for 1 night on our way home from Florida to Toronto. The hotel is located right off the highway and across the street from the Hamburg Pavillion (an good assortment of big stores). Our room had 2 separate bedrooms with a common living space, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, and pull out sofa. It was clean, up to date, and comfortable. The kids enjoyed the pool and the popcorn in room. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was decent. The only issue we had was 1 of the 3 flat screen tvs in our room wasn't working, and one shower head in 1 of the 2 bathrooms wasn't working. We would definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dixon, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here on July 24 & August 5 in room 125. This 3 story hotel is built on a hillside. The lowest level, where we were, has rooms only on one side & is very quiet & cool. Our king bed was probably the most comfortable bed we've ever slept on in a hotel. On our first night here, there was a tasty manager's reception with Mexican food. Unlike some other Residence Inns, which provide complimentary beer & wine, there was a small charge for beer. The ice tea was free, however. All Residence Inns have cut back the number of nights they offer the evening meals, alternating between 2 one week & 3 the next. However, breakfasts here are served daily - and are among the best we've ever had at a Residence Inn with regard to variety & quality. The front desk staffers, Austin & George, were friendly & helpful. My wife & I look forward to staying here again when we're in Lexington. The only negative was a bathtub in need of refinishing due to the apparent hard water.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Lexington South / Hamburg Place? Share your experiences!