“So good I've already made my reservation for October” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Coles 735 Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 790 Restaurants in Lexington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Eclectic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Ashland
Description: Showcasing an inspired mix of eclectic fine dining and familiar Southern consciousness, Coles 735 Main brings a playful sense of variety to Lexington’s dining scene. Lexington Kentucky-born Executive Chef Cole Arimes presents a menu of reinvented American classics, global flavors, and rustic artisan dishes. Set in a tastefully refinished historic landmark in downtown Lexington, Coles 735 Main offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere – ideal for romantic fine dining or spirited get-togethers at the inviting indoor bar and outdoor gazebo.
Ormond Beach, Florida
“So good I've already made my reservation for October”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I lived in Lexington for 2 years and Coles quickly became my favorite place to eat and have the occasional martini. :) We always sat in the bar at a table or outside. The service never disappointed and the food is fresh, current, and very very tasty. Andy, our bartender makes the BEST dirty martini in Lexington!
If you go, don't leave without ordering the chocolate chip cookies....even if you get them to go as I did many nights. They are warm and gooey...I call them perfect pillows of chocolate!
Give Coles a try if you haven't already; you won't be disappointed!
I now live in Ormond Beach, FL, but going back to Lexington in October. My reservation is already made for Saturday night!

• Visited February 2014

Condicote
“Just amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

On my visit from England my Uncle booked a table at this beautifully tucked away location in Lexington. The food was exquisite, I have the beef shoulder tender, it really was cooked to perfection. Our whole meal was waited on by a funny, polite and amusing waiter who shared anecdotes with us and made sure we had everything. Every member of staff went the extra mile to ensure everyone was comfortable and happy, including the owner and Chef who came out and sat by me to talk me through his famous key lime pie recipe. I speak for myself and my auntie, uncle and cousin that Coles is a beautiful restaurant that serves fantastic food and the customer service is just outstanding. I wish I could visit all the time. Needless to say, the next time I'm in Kentucky I will definitely be booking a table. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My dining experience here this evening was excellent from greeting to farewell. The decor is tastefully colorful. One wall in the main dining area is couch-like with throw pillows. Large menu has great choices. I started with a grilled Caesar salad, loaded with shaved parmesan cheese. My entree was tuna, done to perfection. The dessert special tonight was a butterscotch pudding and special it was. Service is very good. Prices are what you expect at an eatery of this caliber. I look forward to a return visit.

• Visited July 2014
Edisto Island, South Carolina
“A Delightful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

For our last night in Lexington, we made reservations to go to Coles after reading reviews at Tripadvisor. Were we EVER glad we did! From the delicious appetizers (Panko crusted avocado with crab to baked brie) to the unbelievably delicious and well prepared entrees, to delicious, made in house desserts, the food was outstanding. The food was absolutely delicious all the way around from Scottish salmon to NY Strip to the Seafood medley. And the desserts were heavenly.

The décor at Coles 735 was so whimsical, fun, and just plain cool. It was the perfect place for our last night in town. What a wonderful place. Oh, and I would be remiss if I did not mention the OUTSTANDING service there.

If you get to Lexington, this is a place not to be missed!

Visited July 2014
richmond va
“Great meal, service, and surroundings~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a terrific time at this delightful place - if you order the so-unusual fried avocado w/crabmeat, we recommend you share it. Love the salads and entrees, the fun antique and funky decor, service was terrific: our server Laura couldn't be improved on, but there are so many efficient servers coming and going constantly that it all runs flawlessly. A terrific find - thank you, TA!

• Visited June 2014