“Great Steaks and Service” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 721 Restaurants in Lexington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 11:15Am-10:30pm 7 days a week
Palm Coast, Florida
“Great Steaks and Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

You will appreciate the fresh quality of the steaks served in this restaurant. They have a menu for $25 which includes the Lexingtonian salad (all you can eat), choice of chicken or filet mignon, and desert. Great value for the quality of food served. My steak was medium rare and cooked to perfection. The only thing holding me back from 5/5 rating is that my husband asked for his steak medium well and it was visibly tough and inedible. He tried to eat a few bites and finally abandoned his steak. At the end of the meal the server asked if he wanted another and it was quite frankly too late. They removed the cost of my husband's meal (very generous).

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, NC
“GREAT food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I came here for his birthday lunch and the food was absolutely delicious. I had the Kobe burger, my husband had steak, and we both enjoyed their bottomless salad. Our server was friendly and skillful, and they gave my husband a delicious Bourbon cake for this birthday. We are moving to Lexington in a few months and this will immediately become a favorite.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springdale
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Malone's was highly recommended to us for a great steak. However, my steak was so tough that I could not eat it and had to send it back. The waiter was eager to prepare another but I was so disappointed that I would not re-order another steak. I ordered Salmon instead. When my entree arrived my salmon was raw when I cut into it. The waiter was shocked when I showed him the rawness of the salmon. He said that he would request it to be cooked better. He took my entree and brought it back 12 minutes later and it was so dry and edges burnt that I just ask for a container to go. Needless to say, I left hungry and very disappointed. My husband's entree of salmon was prepared well and he seemed to enjoy his meal. As a result of my inconvenience and as a common courtesy, one would have surmised that the waiter would have offered to have the entree charge removed, Needless to say, that did not happen; even he had offered we would have insisted on paying. Nonetheless, we were not given the option to refuse a write-off. Since this establishment was highly recommended by the hotel manager I was very disappointed. My first impression is a lasting one therefore, I don't think that I will re-visit this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Harry’s (at Malone’s), Lexington, KY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

While attending an extended family event and staying across the street at the Courtyard Marriott, many of us met at Harry’s for drinks to catch-up on the past years of our separated lives.

Harry’s is the patio bar attached to Malone’s, the Prime Steak Restaurant. Each evening, it is packed with local patrons and travelers from various area hotels enjoying Happy Hour or a meal. It is lively and packed – arrive early if you want a table. It is very casual, so come as you are.

Like many bars today, there are TV’s above the bar airing sporting events. The décor theme is horseracing, as you might expect in the Horse Capital of the World and you can only imagine what this place would be like if a big race is on TV.

It was summer, so it was quite warm during our visit. In cooler times of the year, you can migrate into Aqua, the sushi restaurant and bar, to continue your party, or to Malone’s for a great meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eaton, Ohio
“First time - Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Took my mother here for here birthday while visiting Lexington. Mother had Coach Cals chicken which was chicken breast over fresh made pasta. I had steak. My steak was so moist and tender it required hardly any chewing. It has to be one of the best steaks I have had in a couple years. This restaurant sits in a strip mall, but don't let that scare you away. It is also crowded, also don't let that deter you. Seating was fast, hostess was very nice and friendly. Hostess, also thanked us for coming and said good-bye on the way out. Server was nice and though he was busy and did not keep up as he could have, others brought out the food (quickly and hot) refilled endless chopped salad, took away dirty dishes and refilled drinks. Apple cobbler was also very good for dessert. Manager was walking around, but never stopped at our table. Cost $$. Great place to stop if you are hungry for steak. Casual clothes are fine if you are traveling.

• Visited July 2013