“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Tustin, California
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Being from Southern California, we sometimes miss great mexican food in the Southeast, but Local Taco was yummy. We tried the Korean beef taco, pulled pork taco, cheese enchilada, and grilled corn - which was really great! We also sampled the margaritas and delicious crispy chips and salsa. A great find in Lexington.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good college joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Food was good. Nice atmosphere. Unique menu with 10 or so different types of tacos, enchiladas and quesadilla's. Unusual like buffalo chicken taco, beef brisket, steak, southern fried chicken, etc. We tried 5 between 2 of us and all were good as was the queso dip. Order at a counter, get a number and they bring it out to you. Very fast and friendly service. Inexpensive as well. You can sit inside or outside. Full bar.

Verona, Kentucky
“Great deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Walking distance from U.K. I loved that you could order tacos individually so you could taste different ones - shrimp taco was great. Good food for the price. Tacos aren't real big, but very tasty. Guacamole was delicious! Will definitely go back!

Pauline, SC
“Vibrant, hip and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our 2nd visit to this cool taco joint did not disappoint. Super yUmMy, very fresh and even better than I remembered from our first visit last year. Queso, guacamole and salsa were very good, excellent pitcher of margaritas, delicious enchiladas and of course fabulous tacos. Haven't been? What are you waiting for?

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“A Standout Taco Place near UK Campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Every time I visit Lexington, KY to see my brother, we make it a priority to come here. Now, I live in Houston, TX, so I pride myself on being well-versed in the art of the taco. Local Taco is fantastic! They have unique and flavorful tacos. If you are in Lexington, KY, I would highly recommend this gem, which is just minutes from the University of Kentucky campus.
I always have the brisket taco and tequila lime chicken with a side of their fresh guacamole. The brisket is always perfectly cooked and the bbq sauce adds just enough kick. The tequila lime chicken also has great flavor and I love the salsa verde that comes with it. The toppings are always abundant, but not too overpowering. I tried a bit of their mexi-tater tots and boy are they good! I highly recommend the side of guacamole. It's very fresh and if you don't want it on your taco, you can have it with the chips that come on the side. On this visit, we also did the pick three salsas to start. The black bean and corn was awesome! The corn was fresh and crunchy (not soggy like some) and it was served cool. The pico de gallo is pretty standard, although, the tomatoes were also very fresh and we had their basic tomato salsa. The salsas are fairly standard in terms of the flavor you'd expect from those particular salsas; however, these ingredients are really fresh and served like they should be at the right temperature. Some places leave their salsa out and it gets a little warm and soggy, not The Local Taco. My dining companions had the buffalo chicken tacos and the shrimp tacos, which I was told are also fantastic.
I love the atmosphere, price, and availability of seating. They have a nice little outdoor deck at the Lexington location and they keep the doors open in the spring and summer, so even if you sit inside you still get the outside feeling. The lunch basket is a very reasonable price and you don't walk out feeling stuffed for lunch. The lunch basket comes with two tacos and a side, which is the perfect portion. The dinner portion is three tacos, but they're pretty flexible on the time of day you can get the lunch or dinner portion. They also usually have some sort of deal every day, so check their chalkboard to see what their specials are. Hope to be back soon! Thanks for a great dining experience, Local Taco!

• Visited July 2014