“Favorite spot for brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Lexington, Kentucky
“Favorite spot for brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have been to Josie's twice in two weeks. We love it! I have only ever gotten brunch or lunch there, so I can't speak to anything else, but they do that really well. Last time I went, I got my favorite fare: the eggs florentine with cheese grits. As always, the eggs are perfectly poached, and the grits were cheesy and garlicky, but not too garlicky. My husband got the Chevy Chase special of eggs and sausage because he loves their sausage and home fries. It's not typical link sausage, and the home fries are perfectly done. My niece got the special pancakes, which were lemon poppyseed, and delicious! This time I got the granola parfait and a piece of toast. I loved the parfait. It was filling and made me feel righteous. I really wanted their BLT&E sandwich, which was on special (they added a fried green tomato). That looked amazing when it passed by for the table next to us. I know it seems strange to rave about toast, but it was really, really good. Not from a toaster, it was grilled. Mmmmm. Hubby got the Belgium waffle, a visual masterpiece!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lexington, Kentucky
“Love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My sisters and I went there for brunch and it is definitely comfort food - Southern comfort food but not all the grease. The atmosphere and service equal the quality of the food. Such a good selection of entrees. Seriously, check this out for brunch, lunch, or dinner.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Parma, Ohio, United States
“CHEESE GRIT CASSEROLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great place for breakfast! It was super busy on a Saturday morning, but well worth the wait! The cheese grit casserole is NOT to be missed- seriously!

Visited April 2013
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

There was a nice variety on the menu (breakfast is always served)
The children and adults in our party all enjoyed their meals. I had the oriental salad, which was excellent.

Visited April 2013
Georgetown, Kentucky
“Best Rueben Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

After looking over the menu at almost any restaurant during lunch, I almost always end up picking a rueben from the sandwich menu. The rueben at Josie's was amazing! It was appropriately sweet while having a tiny hint of spiciness. The chow-chow was a welcomed substitute for traditional kraut. Will be back soon!

• Visited February 2013