“Pretentious” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 38 Nightlife in Lexington
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
“Pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Dropped by here on a Saturday evening with my sister. The bar is on a "penthouse" floor, so I was expecting a lot when the elevator doors opened. I was a little disappointed. The floor reminded me of an executive's bachelor pad but much smaller. The crowd seemed lifeless and lame, very pretentious. I was not impressed. I would recommend other bars in the area before this one.

3 attraction reviews
“Music and service was excellent, not so much for the food and atmosphere and weak drinks.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Attire did not seem to be an issue when I was there. Guys in t-shirts and jeans. I'm from Chicago and was looking for a club that was a little more upscale here in Lexington. This was not it. The decor was good. The service was excellent. The music was really good but the food was sub par and the drinks were really weak and over priced for what they were.

In response to the review above on the dress code seems to have gone completely in the other direction. And no, race was not a factor in the decision to let anyone wearing anything in the night I was there.

Don't get me wrong I like bars where you can go and hang out in whatever your wearing, but sometimes it's nice to get a little dressed up and go somewhere with some class - this place was trying but really not hitting the mark.

Mount Vernon, Kentucky
10 attraction reviews
“Very neat bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

A friend and I went up to Skybar after we had been at Thursday night live. This place wasn't very busy until about an hour later. Drinks were great as well was the live music! Small dance floor but everyone is willing to share :)

Visited July 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
“don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

So we TRIED to go to skybar one night (wasn't even late yet) and were refused at the door by the bouncers. One person in our party had been there previously and they told him his attire was not appropriate for the establishment. Evidently the polo shirt with a UK insignia (it was a game day after all) and khakis he was wearing were not fancy enough to go get a drink at this bar around 8 oclock. Our other friend in the party was a minority and while I would not go so far as to accuse the bouncer of discrimination it still stands out as a distinct possibility. It has been almost a year since this incident, but I was so thoroughly disgusted that I will never attempt to go back. My opinion- don't subject yourself to their judgement.

Visited December 2010