“Great people, great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel to your Saves list
Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2753 Richmond Road, Lexington, KY 40509   |
Ranked #31 of 65 hotels in Lexington
“Great people, great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

It was clean and a great value overall, the manger was prompt and nice. Ive found my new "go to" hotel in Lexington. Thanks y'all

• Stayed May 2012
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
It makes my day to know we’ve made customers happy! Thank you for the kind review, and we look forward to seeing you again.

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The hotel was not clean! We booked for a weekend get away and stayed two nights. The room looked nothing like the pictures, the coffee maker didn't work, and our sheets were stained. The management was rude and you can forget about the free cancellation policy. We will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't go by pictures!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
I am the hotel's manager, and I do not believe I had the opportunity to serve you. I am always polite and courteous with guests, and am disappointed that you felt the person you spoke with was rude. That's not tolerated in our business. The photos are accurate reflections of our rooms - if any thing is not working, we replace it as soon as we're notified. Guests are welcome to personally ask for me so I can make things right, I'm sorry I did not have the chance to work with you.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. I stayed for three months and never had one complaint. The rooms are clean. The area is safe. There is easy access to grocery stores, Wal-mart, any type of food you are looking for is near, fast or sit down.

The bed was very comfortable. The price was excellent. A full kitchen made it possible for me to live here while I looked for a home to buy. I have just relocated from North Carolina.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Welcome to Lexington! We're so glad you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our location on Richmond Road. We love the convenience, too. Your kind review is appreciated.
Framingham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I booked the Bluegrass because of the strong TA ratings and the bargain price. The price was certainly low, but I'd hardly call this place an outstanding value. The room was clean enough, but everything about the place felt cheap, from the flimsy towels to the institutional pillows to the plastic water cups to the soap slivers in the bathroom. There was a good-sized refrigerator, but for an "extended stay" facility, the cooking facilities were weak. The door to my room had evidently been kicked in at some point because it bowed at the top and closed with difficulty.

The motel (because that's what it is) was buzzing during my stay. Lots of people hanging out, yelling at each other and bumming cigarettes. I wouldn't say I felt unsafe, but they weren't exactly a crowd I wanted to hang with. Lobby was clean enough and the desk clerk was quite an advocate for this beautiful city. The location isn't bad. You don't go to Lexington to stay in a hotel, and the Bluegrass does nothing to encourage you otherwise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thank you for the review; we depend on customer feedback to continuously improve our family-owned hotel. You stayed at a time we were sold-out, so the buzz you saw was from having a high volume of guests. The rooms we offer are the best price you’ll find in Lexington for the quality and amenities. If you need high-end linens and bath products or a full-service kitchen, you’ll have to shell out for a pricey hotel suite. We’re glad you enjoyed Lexington and that our accommodations met your budget needs. If you need to spend even less, the city does offer dirt-cheap motels. We are certainly not a motel and are proud to provide guests a hotel that is affordable, well-kept and has friendly service. We welcome you to stay again on your next visit.
Coxs Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel was a superb bargin. We were looking for a place last minute. It was super quiet, clean, just close enough to where we needed to be, but yet far enough away to be out of the main stream of traffic. Having a full kitchen was super nice so we didn't have to spend extra money eating out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay! We love being on Richmond Road, it’s a great area of town. It would be great to have you as a guest again next time you’re in Lexington.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The owner and staff were terrific. They made accommodations for my medical equipment, suggested restaurants, drug stores, shopping locations, etc. Everything was perfect: the rooms were spacious and clean, beds were very comfortable, the location and the guests were quiet, and the price was very reasonable. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
I’m so glad we were able to help; it was a pleasure to have you as a guest. Thank you for the kind review, your feedback is great to hear! We’d love to have you stay with us again any time.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was like a small condo unit instead of a hotel room. It offered a full kitchen in addition to a nice bed. Everything was clean. Bed was comfortable. I was only stopping over on my way home, but would have gladly stayed another night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
We would have been glad to have you stay another day! Make your trip longer next time, we’re happy to accommodate you. Your kind words are appreciated.

Been to Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!