“Excellent Experience - Love this place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2753 Richmond Road, Lexington, KY 40509   |
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent Experience - Love this place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. I stayed for three months and never had one complaint. The rooms are clean. The area is safe. There is easy access to grocery stores, Wal-mart, any type of food you are looking for is near, fast or sit down.

The bed was very comfortable. The price was excellent. A full kitchen made it possible for me to live here while I looked for a home to buy. I have just relocated from North Carolina.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Welcome to Lexington! We're so glad you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our location on Richmond Road. We love the convenience, too. Your kind review is appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Framingham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I booked the Bluegrass because of the strong TA ratings and the bargain price. The price was certainly low, but I'd hardly call this place an outstanding value. The room was clean enough, but everything about the place felt cheap, from the flimsy towels to the institutional pillows to the plastic water cups to the soap slivers in the bathroom. There was a good-sized refrigerator, but for an "extended stay" facility, the cooking facilities were weak. The door to my room had evidently been kicked in at some point because it bowed at the top and closed with difficulty.

The motel (because that's what it is) was buzzing during my stay. Lots of people hanging out, yelling at each other and bumming cigarettes. I wouldn't say I felt unsafe, but they weren't exactly a crowd I wanted to hang with. Lobby was clean enough and the desk clerk was quite an advocate for this beautiful city. The location isn't bad. You don't go to Lexington to stay in a hotel, and the Bluegrass does nothing to encourage you otherwise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thank you for the review; we depend on customer feedback to continuously improve our family-owned hotel. You stayed at a time we were sold-out, so the buzz you saw was from having a high volume of guests. The rooms we offer are the best price you’ll find in Lexington for the quality and amenities. If you need high-end linens and bath products or a full-service kitchen, you’ll have to shell out for a pricey hotel suite. We’re glad you enjoyed Lexington and that our accommodations met your budget needs. If you need to spend even less, the city does offer dirt-cheap motels. We are certainly not a motel and are proud to provide guests a hotel that is affordable, well-kept and has friendly service. We welcome you to stay again on your next visit.
Coxs Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel was a superb bargin. We were looking for a place last minute. It was super quiet, clean, just close enough to where we needed to be, but yet far enough away to be out of the main stream of traffic. Having a full kitchen was super nice so we didn't have to spend extra money eating out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay! We love being on Richmond Road, it’s a great area of town. It would be great to have you as a guest again next time you’re in Lexington.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The owner and staff were terrific. They made accommodations for my medical equipment, suggested restaurants, drug stores, shopping locations, etc. Everything was perfect: the rooms were spacious and clean, beds were very comfortable, the location and the guests were quiet, and the price was very reasonable. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
I’m so glad we were able to help; it was a pleasure to have you as a guest. Thank you for the kind review, your feedback is great to hear! We’d love to have you stay with us again any time.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was like a small condo unit instead of a hotel room. It offered a full kitchen in addition to a nice bed. Everything was clean. Bed was comfortable. I was only stopping over on my way home, but would have gladly stayed another night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
We would have been glad to have you stay another day! Make your trip longer next time, we’re happy to accommodate you. Your kind words are appreciated.
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I am a college student who lived at this hotel over the summer, from May 2011 through early August. At first, I was very skeptical to stay because of some of the reviews that I had read. I had this picture in my head that it was going to be a dingy, dirty, sketchy place and I would not be happy. Nonetheless, I took my chance because I would be otherwise homeless, and BGESH was the only place in Lexington that had monthly rates, and didn't charge for every little thing.

The room was clean and very tidy. It had a microwave, a full sized refrigerator, TV with cable, lots of drawer space and cabinet space for two people. The linens were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located on Richmond Rd. in Lexington, which I am very fond of because of growing up there as a young child. The hotel is right behind a Starbucks, next to a Lowe's and an Arby's and is 5 minutes (walking) within Burger King, McDonald's, Waffle House, Columbia's Steak House, Sun Tan City, Walmart, Kroger, etc. I was never bored living here over the summer. I also didn't have a car, so I relied primarily on LexTran (the bus service of Lexington) to get me to work, and to other various locations. There is a bus stop just 5 minutes away, so this was very convenient!

I always felt very safe when staying at this hotel. My roommate and I are both female and in our early 20's, so we were definitely intimidated to be living in Lexington by ourselves, and especially at a hotel. We never once had a problem. No loud neighbors, no drunken scary men, none of that. However, there is a certain side of the hotel that is very ghetto, where a lot of sketchy people seem to live. This is the side that has the rooms in the 240's. You are going to find people like that anywhere you go, and hotels really can't turn anyone away. We never had any problems from them, and we really weren't that far away from them, but safety was never an issue.

The thing I liked the best about staying here, other than the location that was very fond and special to me, is the service. My roommate and I had a lot of trouble making ends meet while staying here, and the staff at the front desk was always willing to accommodate us. I'm not saying that you can not pay for a week and expect to get away with it. The staff won't be taken advantage of, just like any good business. However, they were always so kind and understanding to us. It made paying $250 a week that much easier.

The thing I liked the least about staying here was the price. Taxes are added, and make the price of a week quite higher. My roommate and I alternated weeks, and both paid close to $280 each week, but after 30 days we only paid $250. When you think about it, paying $1000 a month for a hotel room seems kind of silly. We were in a situation where we were kicked out of our apartment by a terrible roommate, and had 5 days to get out. We had no time to find an apartment with a summer lease, so a hotel was the next thing on our list. We chose to pay a weekly rate because it seemed like it took less of our paychecks that way. We were paid every two weeks, and if we were to pay a month, at around $850, $425 each, that would have been all of one of our paychecks, and we only get 2 a month. So even though in the long run we paid more for paying the weekly rate, it seemed to take less out of our paychecks.

I can sit here and gripe about the price, but quite honestly, if you look at other Extended Stay hotels in the area, BGESH is the most affordable. Others charge you for extra sheets, dinnerware, and even high speed internet (which is free at this hotel, and doesn't require a password.)

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, whether they are staying a night, or three months like we did. It definitely felt like home, and still does. This summer was amazing due in part to my experiences with Bluegrass Extended Stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms in the 240's, and also room 221 has a convicted felon staying there.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Awesome – so glad we could provide a place for you and your friend to stay over the summer. We enjoy accommodating our long-term guests and making sure they have a great experience. I’m glad you took advantage of the free amenities that help our guests who are on a tight budget. I don’t like hidden fees, and we don’t charge them our guests. You’re welcome back any time. Your kind feedback is really appreciated!
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is good for an overnight stay. I would stay elsewhere if staying longer. Stayed in 231. Room clean and tidy. Neighbors were a bit dodgy. They had been drinking and were a bit noisy and made us feel a little unsettled.
Staff at front desk was not very helpful when checking in. Location is good. Breakfast is coffee & donuts. Starbucks is next door - we found that to be a better choice. Room had large fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board.

• Stayed August 2011
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Hello,
I’m glad the room met your needs for your short stay in Lexington, we double-check to make sure every room is clean and well-kept. I’m very sorry that you were uncomfortable with the neighboring guests or were not pleased with assistance by front-desk staff. We don't tolerate anything but excellent customer service ,and I'm happy as manager to personally assist guests at any time - just ask for me and I'll make sure your needs are met. I assure you that we’ll do whatever we can to accommodate you, including placing you in a room you’re more comfortable with if any problems arise. We hope you’ll stay with us again when in Lexington.

Been to Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!