“ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky
“ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while relocating to Lexington from Maryland and we can't believe how caring and helpful the owner and staff are here. It is located in a safe and convenient location. The hotel grounds and the rooms are immaculate. No rowdy guests. We are very impressed !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are a family-owned hotel that takes pride in making sure our guests are treated well and satisfied with their stay. Making sure our rooms and grounds are well-maintained is among our highest priorities. We’d love to see you again the next time you’re in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
N/A
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I would just like to take the time to share how helpful several of the STAFF of the Bluegrass Extended Stay, Lexington, KY were. I was passing through on my way back home to GA. I first checked in and was given great customer service by one of the night attendants. Later after I checked out I realized that I had left one of my cell phones in the hotel room. I later called and was assisted by a very HELPFUL individual they took down my information and contacted me later to see what we could work out. Once the details were worked out they went beyond what most people would do for a total stranger. They personally made sure my phone was taken to the post office and sent to me. I am very pleased to say that I was able to pick up my phone from the post office on yesterday they sent my phone back to me in less than a week in the same CONDITION I had left it. I am so grateful for all the help I was given by the Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel Staff. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to my family and friends.

Thank you again BLUEGRASS EXTENDED STAY, LEXINGTON, KY.

Room Tip: Do an online reservation for the best rates.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your kind review. We hire staff we can count on to provide excellent customer service, and are so glad we were able to find your phone and mail it back to you safely! We look forward to your next stay with us.
Commerce, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Great place to stay conveniently located. Right across from a drug store, a waffle house, and many other local amenities. Room was very clean. Staff was nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The Bluegrass Extended Stay is about what $35 a night can get you in Lexington Ky. This hotel is not to be confused with the EXTENDED Stay chain and probably a better value than EXTENDED Stay chain. The hotel caters to mostly the traveling construction crew in town for a job or the traveler passing through and in need of a cheap place to stay for the night.

The hotel itself is in a good location just along Richmond Rd and about a quarter mile south of the New Ring Road. There is no shortage of restaurants in the area. Anything from McD's to Indian food is all with in a half mile. There is a Starbucks right out front across the access road from the hotel. Location is good…. now for the room.

As the title notes, "get what you pay for". I had two twin beds in the room and similar to the 3 bears, one was soft and spongy and the other was really firm and hardly any give. There was no third bed to round out my choices of just right... The comforters on the beds had what looked to be felt tip marker stains on them but the rest of the bedding was relatively clean. Maid service came in one day a week and you pick that day at check in. Full size fridge, 4 cup coffee maker (small cone filter), microwave, and a small bathroom sink basically make up a kitchen area. Bathroom was basically clean with a working vent fan. TV was an older Ctube version and cable selection was ok. No closet but there was a wall rack to hang your cloths from. the room also had an iron and board for those pressing needs. Iron work well. The only real complaint was that I had asked for a nonsmoking room and got one that had definitely been a smoking room at one time. The air freshener was pretty strong and all of my cloths pretty much smelled like the air freshener after a day or two. Had to rewash all of my cloths when I returned home just to get rid of the smell. There is a laundry room and ice machine on the ground floor. Did not use the laundry room, I went down the road to use a laundromat that I have used on past trips to Lexington.

On a side note: I stayed here for 2 weeks and during the first week Lexington PD was at the hotel twice. First night (around 7:00 pm) there were approx. 4 squad cars, a paddy wagon, an EMT vehicle and firetruck out side my room. Luckily I was on the second floor and had a balcony view of the arrest taking place. The second incident a couple of nights later was a drug arrest and this involved again 4 police cruisers and the paddy wagon but no EMT or firetruck on this one. The 2nd week was nice and quiet with out Lexington PD presence.

All in all the Bluegrass Extended Stay is a descent bargain place to stay. If you are willing to accept what $35.00 a night will get you then this place will be just fine. If you expect spic and span and daily maid service then look else where and pay the extra $30.00 for that. But if you are just looking for a place to flop out in and willing to deal with this kind of environment then this is your kind of place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you for your straightforward review. We are indeed located in an excellent area of Lexington with close proximity to everything a traveler could need. In the two years we have owned this hotel, we have been gradually working to update the furniture and linens in every single room. I’m sorry you were unhappy with the scent of the room, and if you were uncomfortable with police presence your first week with us. The police showing up on our property is a rare occurrence, but unfortunately fell twice on your visit. We do our best to make sure there are no untoward activities on our property. Our guests’ safety is paramount and among our top priorities. We do offer the best prices for extended stays in Lexington and are a family-owned business that focuses on offering value and excellent service. We hope you’ll consider us if you come through Lexington again.
Easley, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Very sufficient accommodations in a very nice area of Lexington, Kentucky. I was very surprised.

Room Tip: comfortable beds
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Hazard, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed at the BES because it was conveniently located near the Prometric testing center as well as resonably priced. The night manager, Syed, was wonderful. He went above and beyond his duties to make sure our stay was enjoyable. I can honestly say that I have never before experienced hotel staff to be as kind and caring!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ashland, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night during a weekend shopping get away, the suite we got while at first appearing clean was basic at best. At first I was impressed at how clean the room appeared, but was soon proved wrong.
The room smelled of smoke, and the bed spread smelled so heavily of smoke that we wound up taking it off the bed as soon as we arrived. There was cigarette burns in the chairs and on a blanket as well. There was pieces of broken glass in the bathroom floor behind the door, and someone's empty pack of cigarettes under the corner of the bed (this we didn't see until we were leaving the next day). The sheets were clean and for the amount of time we were going to be spending in the room we didn't complain or ask for another room, which admittedly is our own fault.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms for our guests at their request, and are disappointed that you booked a smoking room if you preferred a non-smoking one. We're happy to accommodate either preference for our guests. I’m happy to share that since your stay, we’ve worked to replace or reupholster any furniture or linens that did not meet standards. We’ve also implemented a double-check system to ensure that every room is thoroughly cleaned before guests check in. The cigarette pack you saw and the broken glass are inexcusable, and I’m sorry you encountered it on your overnight stay. I hope you’ll give us another try on your next shopping getaway, and that you’ll be pleased with our recent upgrades.

Been to Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!