“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1973 Plaudit Place, Lexington, KY 40509   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 65 hotels in Lexington

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Upside

Excellent staff on the first floor. very efficient and accommodating. Bar was perfect fot meeting up with other family members and the surrounding grounds exceptional.

room for improvements
2 beds full size beds in the room very tight. Walls thin and can get noisy. Housekeeping knocks on the doors at 930 and Hollers "Housekeeping" (not to friendly after attending a wedding reception)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Definitely NOT a typical HGI. This property is old and worn,and the staff is not up to Hilton standards.

I am a Hilton Diamond member (lots of travel...many Hiltons). This is an old three story property with only one very slow elevator. It's been a while since I saw just one elevator in a three story HGI. I guess that HGI has improved their building specs too since noise transmitted exceptionally well in this hotel.

No...and I do mean NO service at breakfast but still the $12,95. We served ourselves from the breakfast bar and got our own coffee. Staff was not rude, just not welcoming.

Pros: the elevator was slow but never broke down. :) and the location is terrific - near shopping, dining, and activities.

I'll stay at a different property the next time I am in Lexington.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. Hilton has some nice properties in the area and ther are other brands right next doo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a nice hotel close to interstate and shopping and only about 10 minutes from downtown Lexington.

Staff was very friendly and room was clean. I have stayed here several times over the years and will be back my next trip to Lexington.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and always found it welcoming. Would recommend, also good location for restaurants close by. Staff always polite and helpful and rooms spacious and clean.

Stayed August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I seen to have been staying at HGI locations over the past year and this one, like others I've stayed at have had unfailingly friendly, polite, and helpful front desk personnel.
The amenities are nice and this location is very good; located near shopping and many chain restaurants within walking distance. For instance, there is an Outback Steakhouse just across a parking lot. This location is located just off I-75 and is convenient to the Blue Grass Airport, VA Medical Center, and UK.

There is a Business Center with computers and printers.
There is a nice pool and small workout room with 2 treadmils and one elliptical machine.
The room was nicely appointed with flat-screen TV; it was clean and neat. The room has a small microwave and small fridge. The bedding was very comfortable with adjustable firmness levels.
The shower had good shower head and hot water.

I paid $125/night AAA rate (booked online 2 days before my arrival) and this makes this property a fair value but not a great value. You can get a better deal by booking in advance and if you pay a non-refundable advance payment.

The negatives?
Hallway dimly lit and musty smell in hallway.
It is a three-story property but I only found one elevator.
The breakfast was complimentary as a Hilton Gold Member, but would be $12.95/person otherwise. There is a breakfast buffet but also can special order pancakes, waffles, omelets.
If I didn't have this perk, I would have thought the breakfast was overpriced.

I would use this property again as this was one of the least expensive properties in the Lexington area when I booked it and it has good amenities, great people, and good location (proximity to my family, the airport, shopping/dining).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here this past Sunday night. It was our intention to stay at a Holiday Inn but we didn't find one at this exit. There are several hotels in this area and we checked with most of them to find out about their prices and availability. They were all in the $100-$120/night range. This was the last one we checked. In my mind we were going to the next exit.

However, the lady at the front desk made us decide to stay here. She was friendly, professsional and seemed to really care about having us stay there. The rate was in line with the other properties close by but this front desk agent was awesome. She had an available room even though it was two hours before check in time. She gave us a few options and was very, very pleasant to deal with.

The room was bigger than we expected. Then entire property was extremely clean. Another agent checked us out the next morning. She too was courteous and professional. I've never been a huge fan of Hilton but my wife and I were very impressed with this particular property. I highly recommend it and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quiet but the elevator is very slow.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!