“Needs renovation but adequate” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3060 Lakecrest Circle, Lexington, KY 40513   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Washington DC
“Needs renovation but adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Staff was extremely warm, accommodating and welcoming. Room was perfectly adequate but I was slightly overwhelmed by the air freshener that housekeepers had sprayed both in the corridor and in my room. Was awakened at dawn by noise from trucks at some sort of commercial facility a stone's throw from the hotel. Nice breakfast. Attractive lobby. NO HBO. I have never been to a Hampton Inn that did not have HBO so had to miss season finale of "Boardwalk Empire."

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Austin.TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

It's a sad statement on my work travel calendar, but I now sleep better in a Hilton / Hampton than I do in my own bed.

This Hampton is conveniently located to several Lexington spots, including the airport. It *is* a little loud, as others have commented on. But I did *not* have the karoake issues or undue rowdiness issues that others reported. Maybe because at 10:00, I was out and slept straight through until 5:30. Fabulous.

Yes, this hotel is older. But I don't know that anything "needs" an update. I'm not a fan of just sending stuff to a dump and buying new just because the furniture is 10+ years old. It is what it is, and its price point matches what you are getting, imho.

Yes, the manager is informal. I did not mind it as some others did. And, I am impressed by what hands-on service he provided. He not only handled my check-in, but he also came to the room later in the day to check on a service ticket (related to plumbing) that was apparently still unresolved for this room. Should that have been handled before I checked in? Absolutely. Was it a big deal? No. (Was it weird that they "solved" a plumbing issue by using Liquid Plumr? Yes.)

Elevators are super-slow. Fortunately, the property is only 3 stories and the stairs and broad, carpeted, and easy to access.

I would stay again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotels629, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We hope that your stay at our property, met and exceeded your expectations. If there is anything that we can do to further assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us. Again, thank you so very much!
Vero Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Hampton Inn has a friendly , helpful staff and is conveniently situated to Keenland Race Track. Situated in a shopping area and near New Circle Road it gives one many options for restaurants and easy access to the major routes for touring the Bluegrass region. The hotel rooms are showing some wear and tear. Rooms on the rear side of the building are noisy. A bar across the street behind the Inn had loud clientele until well after midnight on several nights during our stay. Request a room on the front side of the building.

Room Tip: Request room on front side of hotel away from the elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotels629, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms and bathrooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. However, we will also work with our maintenance staff to ensure that all of our rooms are up to the standards that our guests expect. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
fordtraveler56
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were recently in Lexington for the horse races at Keenland and spent 2 nights at this Hampton Inn. The only thing this property has going for it is it's location. There were several things about our stay here that we found disappointing but the worst offense was the black mold in the bathroom behind the peeling wallpaper room 125. There are several Marriott properties and a Comfort Inn in the same vicinity.. I suggest you stay at one of those. Not up to Hampton Inn's standards but just as expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotels629, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Springfield, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was what I normally expect in a motel or hotel, Clean rooms, quiet, comfortable beds. Breakfasts are also good. I was surprised there was no cold cereal, but there was plenty of other things. May I suggest that when anyone stays at a place that furnishes a good breakfast, tip the lady who is taking care of it. If you were eating in a restaurant you would tip, so why not her?

Room Tip: Top Floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Although this Hampton Inn is older and could use some remodeling, our stay was fabulous because of the staff. They were very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was good and the hostess on Friday and Saturday went above and beyond her job description. She was very cordial and accomodating. She acted very happy to be helping us.
The pool and jacuzzi were very clean and relaxing. We enjoyed the complimentary popcorn and hot tea that was at the front desk. The location was central to everything we were doing in Lexington and to have restaurants in walking distance was a plus.
I would recommend this hotel for families. It is inexpensive and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns before, but never one where I could not get at least a decent nights sleep. After watching the news, I tried to go to sleep as I had an early business meeting in the morning. I had heard some commotion outside during and after the news, but didn't think too much about it as there were some restaurants and businesses across the street from the hotel and figured that they would be closed shortly as it was a mid-weekday. Well, it was well after 2AM and I was still awake as apparently there is a LOUD karoke bar directly behind the hotel in the strip mall. I tried calling the front desk to see if there was anything they could do as surely they must be aware of this situation and I could not possibly be the first guest to complain. The woman said she was 'sorry and understood' but there was nothing she could do as they were 'not affiliated' with the hotel. I also tried calling the bar itself several times, as the number is listed in the guest packet inside every guest room, but only received busy signals. So by including the bars information and menu in their guest room, it would sure appear as if Hampton Inn is promoting their guests to use this establishment. As for the hotel itself, it is convienent to the highway, but the carpet in the room was dirty and the variety for the breakfast buffet was weak. You can tell they only do an overview of vacuuming as it was dirty around the night stands, in the corners and around the air conditioning unit. There are other hotels nearby that are not located across from this bar. So if do not wish to sleep through the night, stay here. Otherwise go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hotels629, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from neighboring night life. I know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and I sincerely apologize we were not able to provide this for you. Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience and have prompted us to look into new means of soundproofing. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so that we might show you the restful stay you deserve.

Patrick Easley

Been to Hampton Inn Lexington South? Share your experiences!