I have stayed at many Hampton Inns before, but never one where I could not get at least a decent nights sleep. After watching the news, I tried to go to sleep as I had an early business meeting in the morning. I had heard some commotion outside during and after the news, but didn't think too much about it as there were some restaurants and businesses across the street from the hotel and figured that they would be closed shortly as it was a mid-weekday. Well, it was well after 2AM and I was still awake as apparently there is a LOUD karoke bar directly behind the hotel in the strip mall. I tried calling the front desk to see if there was anything they could do as surely they must be aware of this situation and I could not possibly be the first guest to complain. The woman said she was 'sorry and understood' but there was nothing she could do as they were 'not affiliated' with the hotel. I also tried calling the bar itself several times, as the number is listed in the guest packet inside every guest room, but only received busy signals. So by including the bars information and menu in their guest room, it would sure appear as if Hampton Inn is promoting their guests to use this establishment. As for the hotel itself, it is convienent to the highway, but the carpet in the room was dirty and the variety for the breakfast buffet was weak. You can tell they only do an overview of vacuuming as it was dirty around the night stands, in the corners and around the air conditioning unit. There are other hotels nearby that are not located across from this bar. So if do not wish to sleep through the night, stay here. Otherwise go somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Lexington South Hotel
- Hampton Inn Lexington South Hotel Lexington
- Hampton Inn Lexington
- Lexington Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hampton Inn Lexington South – Keeneland/Airport hotel, you are guaranteed a comfortable stay and great value. Only four miles from historic downtown Lexington and the Lexington Airport, you'll be at the heart of the action with exciting local dining and shopping nearby. During your stay, don't miss the nearby highlights that make the state famous, including the Red Nile Racetrack, Keeneland Racetrack, and our area’s many bourbon distilleries. Just five miles from the beautiful University of Kentucky campus, this Lexington, KY, hotel is a great place to stay if you are in town checking out colleges, taking in a game or visiting the kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels, Olotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hampton Inn Lexington South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.