“Sleepless Night” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Dallas, Texas area
“Sleepless Night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns before, but never one where I could not get at least a decent nights sleep. After watching the news, I tried to go to sleep as I had an early business meeting in the morning. I had heard some commotion outside during and after the news, but didn't think too much about it as there were some restaurants and businesses across the street from the hotel and figured that they would be closed shortly as it was a mid-weekday. Well, it was well after 2AM and I was still awake as apparently there is a LOUD karoke bar directly behind the hotel in the strip mall. I tried calling the front desk to see if there was anything they could do as surely they must be aware of this situation and I could not possibly be the first guest to complain. The woman said she was 'sorry and understood' but there was nothing she could do as they were 'not affiliated' with the hotel. I also tried calling the bar itself several times, as the number is listed in the guest packet inside every guest room, but only received busy signals. So by including the bars information and menu in their guest room, it would sure appear as if Hampton Inn is promoting their guests to use this establishment. As for the hotel itself, it is convienent to the highway, but the carpet in the room was dirty and the variety for the breakfast buffet was weak. You can tell they only do an overview of vacuuming as it was dirty around the night stands, in the corners and around the air conditioning unit. There are other hotels nearby that are not located across from this bar. So if do not wish to sleep through the night, stay here. Otherwise go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hotels629, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from neighboring night life. I know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and I sincerely apologize we were not able to provide this for you. Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience and have prompted us to look into new means of soundproofing. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so that we might show you the restful stay you deserve.

Patrick Easley

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dublin, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This Hampton needs a major renovation! The staff is okay, but the manager (can't recall his name... young African American) is not professional. I can tell he tries, but I don't appreciate, as a professional, being called "man" or "buddy" at the front desk. My last name was on his screen, and it isn't "buddy". Breakfast service was great, but the food was lacking.

There are three brand new Marriott properties surrounding this hotel, that look way more appealing for the price.

This is a rough example of a Hampton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hotels629, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us in Lexington. The issue you encountered with unprofessional front desk staff has been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and as a result we will all be taking a refresher course in the importance of our guest’s satisfaction. We hope that you will give us a second chance to show you the respectful service you deserve if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.
Southern Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We decided to stay at this Hampton Inn based on price and location. We were pleased with the prompt and friendly service, the breakfast and the room. When I asked about nto being able to get the AAA rate online, the person at the desk immediately offered another rate at a similar discount. I would recommend this hotel for sure and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotels629, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We hope that your stay at our property, met and exceeded your expectations. If there is anything that we can do to further assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us. Again, thank you so very much!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel in advance to stay at following an outpatient surgery that required me to stay in the Lexington area overnight so that I could be close to the hospital and my Doctor's office. We have stayed at Hampton Inn before and this time was no different than what we expected. Super friendly staff , clean linens, clean rooms. And a great complemtary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Location in Lexington is good. Close to everything.

However, the hotel itself is mediocre. My room had stains on the wall, the carpet in the hallway was also stained and there was not enough people on staff...took 10 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk to check us in. Breakfast was good. Other amenities were also OK.

Overall it was an OK Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TampaBay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We chose this hotel as it was a good value and close to my family that live in town. Check in was expedient and the room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and besides having coffee available all day they had a large container of ice water available that was a blessing when coming inside with temperatures over 100 during our stay.

They had a nice breakfast including a "to go" brown bag and the guess all seemed to be enjoying these. Since we were in town to visit my parents we didn't partake but I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn Colonial Blvd. in Ft. Myers, FL. this coming weekend so I can check it out without upsetting my Mother,

As a side note, my brother and his family stayed at a more upscale Hilton property the same long weekend and I heard a lot of complaints from them. I think we made a good decision choosing the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here with family and had 3 rooms. All were clean and reasonably up to date. The housekeeping staff was very friendly as was the lady serving breakfast. Jennifer, who was at the desk, was very helpful and even ran an extra key up to our room when we had a problem with it.
The rooms were comfortable and my grandson enjoyed the indoor pool. The breakfast was varied and tasty.
This is not a fancy property but it is in line with what Hampton Inns provide; good value for dollar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Lexington South? Share your experiences!