“Rough example” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 69 Hotels in Lexington
Dublin, Ohio
“Rough example”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This Hampton needs a major renovation! The staff is okay, but the manager (can't recall his name... young African American) is not professional. I can tell he tries, but I don't appreciate, as a professional, being called "man" or "buddy" at the front desk. My last name was on his screen, and it isn't "buddy". Breakfast service was great, but the food was lacking.

There are three brand new Marriott properties surrounding this hotel, that look way more appealing for the price.

This is a rough example of a Hampton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hotels629, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us in Lexington. The issue you encountered with unprofessional front desk staff has been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and as a result we will all be taking a refresher course in the importance of our guest’s satisfaction. We hope that you will give us a second chance to show you the respectful service you deserve if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Southern Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We decided to stay at this Hampton Inn based on price and location. We were pleased with the prompt and friendly service, the breakfast and the room. When I asked about nto being able to get the AAA rate online, the person at the desk immediately offered another rate at a similar discount. I would recommend this hotel for sure and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotels629, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We hope that your stay at our property, met and exceeded your expectations. If there is anything that we can do to further assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us. Again, thank you so very much!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel in advance to stay at following an outpatient surgery that required me to stay in the Lexington area overnight so that I could be close to the hospital and my Doctor's office. We have stayed at Hampton Inn before and this time was no different than what we expected. Super friendly staff , clean linens, clean rooms. And a great complemtary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Location in Lexington is good. Close to everything.

However, the hotel itself is mediocre. My room had stains on the wall, the carpet in the hallway was also stained and there was not enough people on staff...took 10 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk to check us in. Breakfast was good. Other amenities were also OK.

Overall it was an OK Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TampaBay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We chose this hotel as it was a good value and close to my family that live in town. Check in was expedient and the room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and besides having coffee available all day they had a large container of ice water available that was a blessing when coming inside with temperatures over 100 during our stay.

They had a nice breakfast including a "to go" brown bag and the guess all seemed to be enjoying these. Since we were in town to visit my parents we didn't partake but I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn Colonial Blvd. in Ft. Myers, FL. this coming weekend so I can check it out without upsetting my Mother,

As a side note, my brother and his family stayed at a more upscale Hilton property the same long weekend and I heard a lot of complaints from them. I think we made a good decision choosing the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here with family and had 3 rooms. All were clean and reasonably up to date. The housekeeping staff was very friendly as was the lady serving breakfast. Jennifer, who was at the desk, was very helpful and even ran an extra key up to our room when we had a problem with it.
The rooms were comfortable and my grandson enjoyed the indoor pool. The breakfast was varied and tasty.
This is not a fancy property but it is in line with what Hampton Inns provide; good value for dollar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Looked on line to find a place to stop for the night. Had a best price of $89. When we inquired about a room we were told the best price was $119. I mention seeing the lower price online and was told only if I reserved on line. Walk in was the higher price. Seems shady to me. I Got on my phone and made a reservation with her standing there for $89. She seemed more interested in her studying for classes than attending to business. If it hadn't been late, we would have looked for somewhere else

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
blhoward, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Our hotel rates do fluctuate, but we do guarantee our rates that you book with us will be at or below any third party booking sites. The exception is our Hilton Advance Purchase rates available only on our website. These are reserved and paid directly to Hilton properties, and is a 'non-refundable' reservation, therefore it is listed at a deep discount, when available.

If you have further questions, I am willing to assist you further. I truly apologize for the negative experience. Thank you.

-B. Howard, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport? Share your experiences!