“Stayed two nights!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Kansas City, Missouri
“Stayed two nights!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn because of previous experiences at Hampton Inns. Since we had business in western Virginia, we decided to stay here on our way home, too. The first night we had room 322. It was very nice, seemed clean and fresh. My complaints are minor. The bed sloped on the side toward the wall, which seemed like a groove. Maybe a new mattress is due for this room! The vent fan in the shower was not powerful enough to vent out the moisture from a shower. There was a spot on the love seat. Breakfast had a wide variety of items and a worker keeping things full, etc.
The second night we stayed in room 222. We did receive a lower price which was great! The room was nowhere near as satisfactory as the first! I went to get a glass of water. The totally sealed paper glasses were by an ice bucket in the desk area. I picked up two that were stacked together. The plastic covering on both was so wet that you could see the water drops! Ugh! I took them to the front desk and the clerks responded appropriately. I took a couple of paper glasses from the water/coffee table in the lobby. In the room there are lights above the desk picture and one below if. The one below it was burnt out. In the closet there was no luggage rack or plastic laundry bag that had been in the previous room. There was a dirty spot on the carpet. The caulk around the tub had numerous spots of black mold. I did report this as I checked out, so hopefully it was taken care of. The tub did not drain easily so I ended up standing in water at the end of my shower. Again, the fan was slow in working. I wonder how often they are cleaned?
I tried to set the clock alarm. Now, I have been a teacher for many years and certainly should know how to set a clock. But, on this one I couldn't even change the time or set the alarm! So, ended up setting the alarm on my phone!
A sign in the elevators state that the sheets and duvet covers are changed each day. That is wonderful, if it is true. Also, you could not hear through the walls, a problem we have had before.
The staff was courteous and access was easy. The do have breakfast bags to go which is a great asset.
For the price, they need to keep a check on all aspects of the hotel! All in all, we would stay at this hotel again!

1 Thank Moving1969
Becky R, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-75 Lexington/Hamburg Area, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for all of the great feedback. This will be very helpful in training our employees to better serve our guests. In you are ever in the area again, we hope you spend the night with us.

Moorestown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The facility was more than fine. The staff was very helpful in directing us to good restuarant.WE will be bach for a visit in the fall. Helped us with directions to local attractions and the distiliary tours.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Will T
We are glad you had a good stay with us and hope you enjoyed your distillery tour. If you are back in the area again, we would be love to have you back again.
Erlanger, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stay at a Hampton Inn whenever possible. I don't need or want any amenities. Just free parking and a clean smokeless room, which Hampton always provides at a reasonable rate. Staff is competent and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Frank W
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your loyality to the Hampton Brand.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

When I'm on a road trip I like to stay at a Hampton Inn, especially on overnight stops when I'm driving solo. There are usually less expensive alternatives, but I've been pleased overall with the caliber of the room, the hotel amenities, and the service at Hampton Inn.

This Hampton Inn didn't disappoint. I arrived late in the afternoon after a day of driving, with another long day on the road ahead. Check-in was pleasant. My room was clean, with all the amenities I expected. I needed to use the iron and ironing board, and they worked just fine. There were plenty of outlets for charging my phone and other gadgets. The bed was comfortable, the bedding fresh, towels plentiful, and the in-room coffeemaker worked. My wake-up call was right on time too.

There are some restaurants across the street, and I was happy to have dinner at one of them. After a long day driving I really wasn't up for navigating around an unknown city to find a decent meal, or settling for something from a fast-food drive-through window.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Toofargone
We want to thank you for taking the time out of you busy day to review our hotel. So glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.
Harlan, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and really liked it. The room was clean, smelled nice, and was very comfortable. I was treated wonderfully by the front desk staff and didn't feel pressured to get checked-in and get out of the way for the next guest.....they took their time and took care of me. I read the last 3 or 4 reviews and started to go somewhere else but have always had great experiences at Hampton so I gave this hotel a shot and am glad I did. I don't know why the other folks had bad experiences cause my was really good. I liked the breakfast too....the breakfast area was clean and the food was fresh, not left-over from day to day and wasn't sticky where you put your plate. I'll come back here again. I felt it was a good value for my money and I had a good time.

Room Tip: My room was good so I don't know about any bad ones.
1 Thank Ed P
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to write the review. Thank you also for giving us the chance, I am so glad we lived up to your expectations.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Management and staff was wonderful!! Breakfast was delicious!! The bed was very comfortable and room was very clean and smelled great!! I will always come back here while in town!! I seen a few previous comments and was slightly weary about coming. I'm glad I trusted my gut!! These other comments must be for a different property!! EVERYONE here was so nice and out going. Truly southern hospitality!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for review of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The managar was very rude and not welcoming. He seemed annoyed that we were there. He was irritated when I asked him for help and he shushed me while I was talking. the pool was too warm and there was way too much chlorine. My door to my room would not shut! It wouldn't close so I did not feel safe leaving my things in it. then when I left, my door was jammed. overall, I was very discontented.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
I am so very sorry about your experience at our hotel. Rest assured we take all concerns very serious. Your feed back will be used in training our employees to better serve our guests in the future.