“Mom & Daughter traveling together” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #17 of 69 Hotels in Lexington
Glasgow, Kentucky
“Mom & Daughter traveling together”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We appreciated the American staff. My daughter and I wanted to spend a couple of days in Lexington, so we booked here because I have always had a good experience at Hampton Inns. Our room was ready and the refrigerator was waiting for us as I requested at no extra charge. (I have medicine that has to be refrigerated). The beds are comfortable and all the linens so fresh and clean (even the duvet covers). It was quiet and we were very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice with a variety of both hot and cold items to pick from. The coffee was also always fresh and good. Hot cocoa and teas were also available. The folks at the front desk were friendly and especially helpful in giving us maps and detailed directions to everyplace we wanted to go. I probably should've asked for a different refrigerator because the one they brought wasn't clean enough; there was a slight mold residue on the inside. It worked fine, but it was old and beat up. The plastic covered wire racks were all cracked and rusted. It was past due for replacement. It wasn't a big enough deal to really complain about. I would stay here again. It was convenient for us and I liked this place. There were several restaurants nearby, shopping and it was convenient to hop on the highway system to get where you wanted to go. The next time we go to Lexington we'll stay here again for certain.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want or need.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My sister and I had a wonderful 4 day stay at this Hampton Inn! From Patty and Melissa at the front desk to the maintenance people we would encounter, they were so friendly and helpful. The fact that pets are allowed yet the rooms were clean and fresh was wonderful! Breakfast was very nice with a variety of options. I will recommend this hotel over and over. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Norwell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here as we were passing through Kentucky. Hotel was super clean, updated and the staff was very helpful. The hotel allows pets which was great. There is ample room behind the hotel for the dog to run and the parking lot is well lit.

They even had high chairs in the breakfast area which was also helpful as I was traveling alone with my 12 month old.

Great location, easy to find, and again very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

One overnight stay en-route to home during Hurricane Sandy. Expected to lay over a day, so picked a slightly nicer hotel with a higher price point. Ended up rushing out the next morning to beat the snow storm, but the room was comfortable, breakfast very good. Room was a little worn, carpet and furniture could have used a cleaning, bathroom is very small. Staff was very nice for the brief stay. Many hotels in this area, so for an overnight might be able to find a decent place at a lower price, but Hampton Inns are a good consistent fall back position. Could walk to McDonalds, other fast food, not really much else in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Patricia F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn I-75 Lexington/Hamburg Area, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy you decided to stop by, however we would like to apologize for the issues you mentioned in the room. We will work with both our housekeeping and maintenance teams to correct those problems. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
East KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton a number of times over the last 5 years, and have always found it to be a basic but pleasant hotel. The last couple of times I’ve stayed there the hotel has seemed refreshed, and during the last stay my room was spotless, the bed was perfect, the breakfast was standard fare, and the staff was very nice and helpful. There are several chain and fast food restaurants close by, and it is close to downtown Lexington. Plus, the price was right!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gallatin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I not going to say this was the best Hampton Inn, does need some updates. We were going to stay at the Sleep Inn, but being disrepestfull and hard headed at the Sleep Inn. We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn, were they call you by your name and you are welcomed each time you stay. Being from out-of-state, I forget they still allow a person to smoke in Kentucky hotels and Inns. Yes, the second floor did have a smoke ordor. To me the "CLEAN" and comfort beds, plus the HOT breakfest are always ahead of the rest of the hotels and inns in this area.

When you are here, stop by the Peddler's Mall on New Circle Road.

Room Tip: The times we stay before we always stayed on the top floor.
Jasper, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a middle of the road Hampton Inn. Appears to get used a lot. The room was clean and the staff friendly. The hotel appeared to be full but we didn't hear anyone or have any problems. It could use a bit of a face lift. The breakfast was good. Overall average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Patricia F, Manager at Hampton Inn I-75 Lexington/Hamburg Area, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience; we are working on improving our guest rooms. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Herbert Castiglia