“Great value for a good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #16 of 69 Hotels in Lexington
East KY
“Great value for a good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton a number of times over the last 5 years, and have always found it to be a basic but pleasant hotel. The last couple of times I’ve stayed there the hotel has seemed refreshed, and during the last stay my room was spotless, the bed was perfect, the breakfast was standard fare, and the staff was very nice and helpful. There are several chain and fast food restaurants close by, and it is close to downtown Lexington. Plus, the price was right!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gallatin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I not going to say this was the best Hampton Inn, does need some updates. We were going to stay at the Sleep Inn, but being disrepestfull and hard headed at the Sleep Inn. We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn, were they call you by your name and you are welcomed each time you stay. Being from out-of-state, I forget they still allow a person to smoke in Kentucky hotels and Inns. Yes, the second floor did have a smoke ordor. To me the "CLEAN" and comfort beds, plus the HOT breakfest are always ahead of the rest of the hotels and inns in this area.

When you are here, stop by the Peddler's Mall on New Circle Road.

Room Tip: The times we stay before we always stayed on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jasper, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a middle of the road Hampton Inn. Appears to get used a lot. The room was clean and the staff friendly. The hotel appeared to be full but we didn't hear anyone or have any problems. It could use a bit of a face lift. The breakfast was good. Overall average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Patricia F, Manager at Hampton Inn I-75 Lexington/Hamburg Area, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience; we are working on improving our guest rooms. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Herbert Castiglia
Dalton, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn and were thoroughly disgusted! We were traveling with our two little mini-doxies who are very obedient and used to traveling. The room we first had was the worst I've seen. The door frame was all chewed up in the bathroom like someone locked their dog in there, and it was in a frenzy to escape, probably because the bathroom was also nasty. It totally smelled like cigarettes. But the absolute worst thing was the carpeting. I made the mistake of taking off my shoes... Shouldn't you be allowed to do that in a hotel??? Only if you want the bottom of your feet to be as black as tar! Then, I pulled back the comforter, and Voila! There was what appeared to be a urine stain that was all crusty and dried up, but definitely yellowish. I called the front desk and asked "Ben" how often the linens were washed, and I specified that I meant the blankets. His reply was that he did not know. Seriously? It should be after every guest! We asked for another room. The only thing different from this room and the other was that the walls weren't chewed and there were no obvious stains on the blankets. I refused to sleep with anything covering me except the sheet. I would not walk on the carpeting for fear of some fungal bacteria infection. Both rooms were very MOIST! I took the fastest shower in the history of showers and put my clothes on wet because I did not want to dry off with their smoky smelling towels. We high-tailed it out of there at the crack of dawn. Needless to say, I will NEVER go back there!

Room Tip: Choosing a good room at Hampton Inn means going to another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Patricia F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn I-75 Lexington/Hamburg Area, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I understand the condition of the carpets and bedding were of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team in an effort to prevent similar missteps in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us and let us know how we are doing the next time your travels bring you to the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is across the street from a Hustler shop, it smells horribly of sewage, the room is small. We got the room next to the elevator....huge mistake! Very loud!! The bathroom is the nicest thing about this room other than the coffee pot being under the sink. I guess you can brew a pot while on the pot!? I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Huntington, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had to make an unplanned stop in Lexington, KY on a Saturday night and found a vacancy at the Hampton Inn off of I-75. Once checked in and we went to our room we were immediately hit with the smell of cigarette smoke, especially in the bathroom (it was a non-smoking room.) I immediately went to the front desk and told the lady that our room reeked of cigarette smoke and I didn't want that to be held against me when I checked out. She made no attempt to try to move my room or offer an apology, just "ok...I'll make a note of that..." About 7:30am Sunday morning, somebody's dog started barking and woke the whole family up. The dog barked almost continuously until probably 8:30 until we couldn't take it anymore and we went ahead and had breakfast. The breakfast was good, plenty of selection and ample room to sit and have a meal. When I checked out I told the lady at the front desk (a different person) about my experience with the smoke & the dog and she basically acted like she really didn't care and just said "Okay..." and continued on with her business.
Overall, not a very good experience, which is rare from a Hilton brand hotel.

Royal Oak, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We really were surprised at how nice the room was. They were very accommodating to us with our dog and baby. Breakfast was included with the rate. There is a nice dog run with pick up bags and a trash can. We will stay here again.