“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place to your Saves list
Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1951 Pleasant Ridge Drive, I-75 at Man-O-War Boulevard, Lexington, KY 40509   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

My mom, baby I drove in from Atlanta to stay here for the week. First impression means alot to me, the staff at the frontdesk were so friendly. We needed one of those rolling carts for our luggage but none were available. As we were unloading the car, one of the nice ladies at the frontdesk rolled one all the way outside. I felt very welcomed and special. Also, I love that the hotel looks very new and modern. And that the location and surrounding stores/restaurants are conveniently placed.

• Stayed June 2014
CourtyardLexington, Director of Sales at Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent visit to the Courtyard Marriott Lexington South/Hamburg Place. I'm very glad to hear that you had a wonderful check-in experience. We here at the Courtyard pride ourselves on our excellent service and impeccable cleanliness. We look forward to having you back at our hotel the next time you visit Lexington, KY.

Best Regards,

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I guess I remember a different type of Courtyard. This was very disappointing, especially considering the price. The lobby was nice, although it wreaked of chlorine from the pool. The room was SO small, like staying in a closet. A room with a king-sized bed should at least have enough room to walk around the bed! One wall was lined with desk, etc., and the tv sat on that, so it wasn't possible for both of us to lay in bed and watch tv. The toilet was made for toddlers, I think, since it was so low. We had hoped to have g'daughters spend the night with us there but there wasn't room for them. The mattress on the bed was past due for a change; it had a big dip in the middle of it. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardLexington, Director of Sales at Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent visit to the Courtyard Marriott Lexington South/Hamburg Place. We are very disappointed to hear that you had less than adequate service during your stay and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. We here at the Courtyard do our best to go above and beyond for our guests and we're sorry that we couldn't abate the situation while you were in house.
We would love to have an opportunity to welcome you and your family again. Please let me know if I can personally assist you in the future to ensure your next stay is flawless.

Warm Regards,

Sales Manager
(859) 263-9090
Nick.Peoples@Marriott.com
ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It was clean and the staff seemed friendly. The location is good with many restaurants and lots of shopping. I chose the hotel based on recommendations here and location. Price was comparable with other hotels in area. I just wish that it had free breakfast or at least free coffee in lobby. The other hotels that I compared it to in price, like Fairfield Inn, does provide free breakfast. Then it would be perfect! I would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardLexington, Director of Sales at Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent visit to the Courtyard Marriott Lexington South/Hamburg Place. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We here at the Courtyard pride ourselves on our excellent service and impeccable cleanliness. We look forward to having you back at our hotel the next time you visit Lexington, KY.

Warm Regards,

New Boston, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The room was very clean and comfortable. My only concern was how disconnected the staff seemed. The front desk at Courtyards is a kiosk. The front desk clerk seemed disconnected and annoyed to come from the back office to come up front and check me in. I felt this way through my entire stay. The only "warm" staff was the housekeeper. The hotel was very clean but lacked the hospitality and attentiveness I expect from Marriott brands.

• Stayed January 2014
CourtyardLexington, Director of Sales at Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent visit to the Courtyard Marriott Lexington South/Hamburg Place. We are very disappointed to hear that you had less than adequate service during your stay and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. We here at the Courtyard pride ourselves on our excellent staff and would love it if you gave our hotel another chance the next time you visit Lexington.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. Our family was recently affected by the chemical leak in neighboring WV's water supply. Not having had an actual "shower" in over a week, my husband and I decided we needed to get out of town. I called on Saturday morning before we began driving that way to reserve a room and mentioned our plight to the reservations clerk. When I asked when we could check in, she said they would have a room ready by NOON, even before we arrived! What wonderful customer service! It was awesome to check right in to our clean, comfortable room & take a nice, long hot shower! The room was nicely updated with modern decor, a comfortable seating area, large flat screen, desk area and refrigerator. Unfortunately, the bathroom had seen better days. It had peeling, dated wall paper throughout, and the tub area was chipped in places and had lots of caulking. This did not detract from our stay much, but I hope they will get around to updating it soon, as it was definitely not in line with the rest of the hotel.

Since our last visit, the lobby has had a MAJOR renovation in a very hip/modern vibe and has been upgraded to include a bistro and bar area featuring STARBUCKS, where we enjoyed a couple adult beverages in a cool semi-circular booth that included its own tv. Although we did not eat at the restaurant, I noted that it included LOTS of lite, healthy options for both breakfast and dinner (think egg white sandwiches on whole grain artisan roll, citrus spinach salad with grilled chicken and quinoa, etc.) in addition to standard bar food, such as hot wings and cheeseburgers. A GREAT addition!

While there, we used the workout room, which also had been recently updated with a modern look. Although not large, it was adequate, with several new treadmills/stair climbers and nice free weights. We did not try the pool, but I noticed that off the pool area is an outdoor walled courtyard with plenty of green space which would be wonderful in warm weather.

This hotel is VERY conveniently located right off of I-75 in the Hamburg area and is surrounded by lots of great restaurants and shopping. It continues to be our hotel of choice for visits to Lexington. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable hotel at a great location at a great price, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a very comfortable and clean hotel. Great location for shopping and excellent price. Stopped here on the way home from Florida. I would definately stay here again. We were too tired to go out for dinner after driving all day and ate there. Food was good. Also had breakfast there which was good. Nothing fancy but good.

Room Tip: Room was on ground floor and found comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is an easy to find location right off the Interstate. It has been recently renovated and is in good condition. You will find the hotel and room clean. I would not call the service friendly, but more like efficient. It has a great location in relation to shopping and restaurants. It is one of the quietest and "darkest" rooms I have been in this year, so the sleep was great. The mattress was very firm.
All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place? Share your experiences!