“Great hotel - great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Chicago, Illinois
“Great hotel - great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This property is newly remodeled and very up to date. The decor is modern. Staff is very friendly. Parking is plentiful right in front. The breakfast is included in the room price and has very good options.... everything is fresh - bagels, muffins, whole fruit, diced melon, coffee; access to make fresh waffles with the waffle maker, etc. Would definitely recommend this property and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel to be very clean. Staff was very friendly and seemed willing to help. Breakfast was good. Found this to be a great hotel. We were in a handicapped room by choice. Not as large as some - but was what we needed. Appreciate the refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Stayed May 2013
Earth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is strictly “you-get-what-you-pay-for” mid-level budget lodging.

Yes, the staff is friendly, it’s relatively clean, and the free breakfast is passable.

However…

We had requested (in advance) a king bed in a quiet part of the hotel.

We were instead installed in a king room (#117) several steps off the loud lobby that was clearly fitted for handicapped access (grab bars everywhere and a wheelchair shower).

When we indicated this was not acceptable, my wife and I had to settle for a double queen room. Again, not acceptable, but it was the only option and the staff did seem to try to help us out.

The other big downer is the free wireless internet. As I’m typing this from the room right now, the service has cut out three times. Totally unreliable over a four-day stay.

If you need a place to sleep for $139 or so, go for it. If internet access and room selection are important to you, shop around for something better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LexingtonFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry for your bad experience with our internet. This is the first time we have received any negative feedback since we upgraded our bandwith over a year ago. I will definitely check in to this as this is not normal. I would also like to apologize you were not given a room away from noise at first. There was nothing noted in your reservations regarding the request and since you booked through Central Reservations we had no way of knowing. I assure you we make every effort to accommodate all special requests. Our every day rates throughout the year range from $89.00- 119.99 and our Special Event rates as was this weekend are $139.99. Thank You for chosing Fairfield Inn.

Owensboro, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here for the Kentucky Rolex 3-day Event Weekend. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and were always available. The hot breakfast was included in the price and was super! They offered eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, two coffee areas and waffle makers as well as the cold stuff most hotels serve.
The rooms were very clean and updated.
The workout room was a little small, but had brand new equipment; treadmills and weights. Everything was in great working order. It was a great location to everything in Lexington as well.
Will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to give our guests the best possible experience and it means a lot to know we are achieving our goal. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to taking care of you next time you are in Lexington.
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First of all I must say the hotel has recently been completely renovated and was very nicely updated. The rooms are fairly small, bathrooms especially.

Biggest disappointment for us came from the employee side. We had requested a wake-up call 7 AM the night before. That call never came. Fortunately the internal alarm clock woke us up 15 minutes late. When I informed the desk when leaving that morning there was no expression of an apology or an attempted explanation? We also found them to be incompetent at providing basic directions to local attractions. For example it shouldn't be too hard to have printed directions to Keeneland during the racing season.

Nice enough place but certainly does not measure up to the Marriot brand. We paid over $150 a night so it's not like we were paying to stay at a budget hotel but the personnel did make it feel like we were.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your less than great experience at our hotel. I was very surprised and disappointed that our staff let you down as service is our #1 goal. We do have printed directions at our front desk and I am sorry you were not offered any. I do hope you enjoyed your time in Lexington and will give us another chance to serve you better in the future. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The renovations to the hotel are now complete so absolutely everything in the hotel is brand new! The carpeting, paint, decor, etc. are bright and welcoming; the furniture is modern and very functional. There is now a fitness room on site, which was not huge but adequate (free weights and aerobic machines). The pool was immaculately clean and a comfortable temperature. The staff were all genuinely friendly (I was startled the first morning by so many people saying Good Morning! to me before I was fully awake!).
I have to admit that on the first 2 nights, I agree with another reviewer who noted that the beds were too firm. By the 3rd night, though, I was comfortable and the 4th night was the best night's sleep I have had in months! The other members of my family slept soundly every night, so I think it was a matter of adjusting to the bed.
I would give a perfect rating, except that I was a bit disappointed in the breakfast. The make-your-own waffles were excellent, but otherwise it was the exact same, rather mediocre, food all 4 days. You probably wouldn't even notice if not staying here long term. I left suggestions for the staff, so maybe they will improve breakfast and bring their hotel to a perfect rating!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Harlan, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I can not say enough about the staff at this hotel. I have stayed at "upscale" hotels before and this hotel has, by far, had the best staff I have ever met. The desk staff always welcomed us in, wished us a good day, offered to assist us with luggage and offered us discount cards to local restaurants. The continental breakfast was wonderful with hot and cold menu choices. The breakfast staff member went out of her way to welcome guests, re-stock the food area and even went out into the snow to scrape an elderly customer's window! Laundry room was accessible and clean. Indoor pool spotless. Freshly remodeled. Beds were very comfortable. Coffee was wonderful! I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport? Share your experiences!