“Perfect Rolex-weekend Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Perfect Rolex-weekend Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here for the Kentucky Rolex 3-day Event Weekend. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and were always available. The hot breakfast was included in the price and was super! They offered eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, two coffee areas and waffle makers as well as the cold stuff most hotels serve.
The rooms were very clean and updated.
The workout room was a little small, but had brand new equipment; treadmills and weights. Everything was in great working order. It was a great location to everything in Lexington as well.
Will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
LexingtonFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to give our guests the best possible experience and it means a lot to know we are achieving our goal. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to taking care of you next time you are in Lexington.
Adela Yohe

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First of all I must say the hotel has recently been completely renovated and was very nicely updated. The rooms are fairly small, bathrooms especially.

Biggest disappointment for us came from the employee side. We had requested a wake-up call 7 AM the night before. That call never came. Fortunately the internal alarm clock woke us up 15 minutes late. When I informed the desk when leaving that morning there was no expression of an apology or an attempted explanation? We also found them to be incompetent at providing basic directions to local attractions. For example it shouldn't be too hard to have printed directions to Keeneland during the racing season.

Nice enough place but certainly does not measure up to the Marriot brand. We paid over $150 a night so it's not like we were paying to stay at a budget hotel but the personnel did make it feel like we were.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your less than great experience at our hotel. I was very surprised and disappointed that our staff let you down as service is our #1 goal. We do have printed directions at our front desk and I am sorry you were not offered any. I do hope you enjoyed your time in Lexington and will give us another chance to serve you better in the future. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Adela Yohe
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The renovations to the hotel are now complete so absolutely everything in the hotel is brand new! The carpeting, paint, decor, etc. are bright and welcoming; the furniture is modern and very functional. There is now a fitness room on site, which was not huge but adequate (free weights and aerobic machines). The pool was immaculately clean and a comfortable temperature. The staff were all genuinely friendly (I was startled the first morning by so many people saying Good Morning! to me before I was fully awake!).
I have to admit that on the first 2 nights, I agree with another reviewer who noted that the beds were too firm. By the 3rd night, though, I was comfortable and the 4th night was the best night's sleep I have had in months! The other members of my family slept soundly every night, so I think it was a matter of adjusting to the bed.
I would give a perfect rating, except that I was a bit disappointed in the breakfast. The make-your-own waffles were excellent, but otherwise it was the exact same, rather mediocre, food all 4 days. You probably wouldn't even notice if not staying here long term. I left suggestions for the staff, so maybe they will improve breakfast and bring their hotel to a perfect rating!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Harlan, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I can not say enough about the staff at this hotel. I have stayed at "upscale" hotels before and this hotel has, by far, had the best staff I have ever met. The desk staff always welcomed us in, wished us a good day, offered to assist us with luggage and offered us discount cards to local restaurants. The continental breakfast was wonderful with hot and cold menu choices. The breakfast staff member went out of her way to welcome guests, re-stock the food area and even went out into the snow to scrape an elderly customer's window! Laundry room was accessible and clean. Indoor pool spotless. Freshly remodeled. Beds were very comfortable. Coffee was wonderful! I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Era, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went to visit my daughter in Lexington and we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Lexington Keeneland Airport. From the moment I walked in I was treated like a queen and when my daughter came, she was excited to stay in such a great hotel. We spent 4 nights there and had a great time and every thing we wanted or needed they did their best to accomodate. The breakfast each morning was phenomenal, The rooms were decorated very tastefully and the bed very comfortable and clean.
I can't say enough good things about this place and can't think of one bad thing to say. The shuttle drivers were all amazing too. Will stay there again for sure!!!!

Room Tip: the third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Independence, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed in a remodeled room. The room was nice and the bed was cushy. The staff was exceptional during my stay and always used my name. The drinks in the little store are over priced. There are many restaurants in walking distance.

The only drawback is not the remodel is not fully completed. Do not let this stop you from staying at this inn. It did not effect my stay in any way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mandeville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property has been under renovation for 11 months according to the staff. Currently, as of 1/20/13, the majority of the work has been completed. They are working on the lobby/breakfast area now. I was a little aggravated because I had reserved a block of rooms last fall for my son's wedding in January and was under the impression that the renovations would be finished well before then. I realize even corporations have construction issues and it was too late to change the arrangements when it became apparent that the project would not be finished before our arrival. That being said, it was a most pleasant stay. The guest rooms were newly completed and very comfortable and clean. The view of construction debris from our window was not so great, but the room was quiet and very nice. The free breakfast was varied (breakfast biscuits, yogurt, waffles, cereal, fruit, juices, milk, coffee, etc.) and adequate. The location is convenient to the airport, restaurants, and Lexington. My biggest compliment would be to the staff: to a person, they were friendly, pleasant, and happy to help. It is clear that they understand what being in the "service industry" is about!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport? Share your experiences!