“Remodel still in progress” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Remodel still in progress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property has been under renovation for 11 months according to the staff. Currently, as of 1/20/13, the majority of the work has been completed. They are working on the lobby/breakfast area now. I was a little aggravated because I had reserved a block of rooms last fall for my son's wedding in January and was under the impression that the renovations would be finished well before then. I realize even corporations have construction issues and it was too late to change the arrangements when it became apparent that the project would not be finished before our arrival. That being said, it was a most pleasant stay. The guest rooms were newly completed and very comfortable and clean. The view of construction debris from our window was not so great, but the room was quiet and very nice. The free breakfast was varied (breakfast biscuits, yogurt, waffles, cereal, fruit, juices, milk, coffee, etc.) and adequate. The location is convenient to the airport, restaurants, and Lexington. My biggest compliment would be to the staff: to a person, they were friendly, pleasant, and happy to help. It is clear that they understand what being in the "service industry" is about!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel had me skeptical at first with the new renovations, but a soon as I walked in, the guest service rep Jennifer was so friendly and kindly explained everything to me.I was able to stay in one of the new rooms and they were beautiful. I loved the desk! The night service rep was equally as nice and there were cookies each night at the desk.The breakfast attendant was such a sweet lady.The entire staff was so helpful.The area was convenient and I was pleased!

• Stayed November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Always concerning when you are checking in and there are signs telling you how great the hotel will be after the remodel (implicitly asking for forgiveness about it how it looks now). Old carpt, older bedding, poor room lighting. OK if you need to wait over tor a flight and want another Rewards night. Friendly staff lots of smiles, which earned another star or two.

Room Tip: First floor is always better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LexingtonFF_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to Thank You for your recent stay at our hotel. We didn't mean to put you off by our photo display of the new rooms. We only intended to excite our guests about the new design and color scheme. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff and hope you will visit us again.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The reviews of this hotel led me to it. And the best part being that they accurately state what you will find.
Good stay right from the start, Sean after checking us in "said I'm here till 11 if there is anything you need please call". And that's how the stay went. Breakfast adequate and the host accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bella Vista, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012 via mobile

I expect the Marriott brand - even their "value" property to be a higher quality. Fairfield competes with Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express and yet this Fairfield was more on par with a Comfort Inn or La Quinta.

Bed was very hard. Bathroom badly in need of upgraded furniture and fixtures.

Would not stay again.

• Stayed January 2012
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family for Thanksgiving. The hotel was clean and they offered a good breakfast which included a waffle maker and breakfast biscuit sandwiches. The pool looked nice but we didn't actually use it. This hotel is surrounded by other hotels and businesses in an area that is easy to get to. The Waffle House next door is open 24 hours a day (I think) and has good food with friendly service. The room was fairly quiet but you could hear noises in the hallway and above, so ask for a third floor room if you don't want overhead footsteps. Wifi worked without any problems. Overall this is a nice hotel and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room to avoid overhead noises
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

The purpose of my visit was business.

Checkin: Very close to the airport. I had a late flight and got to this hotel around midnight. The front desk associate was very kind and helpful. She checked me in right away and gave me a run down of all the amenties, pool, and even offered to pull up instructions for my destination in the morning. I opted for a wake up call which she was happy to arrange for me.

Room: My room was great. I had 2 queen beds, not necessary but okay, very comfortable mattress, bathroom was very clean, room was pleasantly cool for me, nice flat screen tv.
My room was on the 3rd floor, and the only con was that is wasn't all the way dark in there. There was some light that came in thru the curtains which was a little disctracting trying to go to sleep, but not a huge deal.

Breakfast: Excellent breakfast with lots of options. Various juices, tea, coffee, hot sandwiches, bagels, muffins, waffles, fruits, cereals. Very clean and the person on staff was very friendly keeping everything neat and clean. I enjoyed my breakfast and headed to checkout.
They offer an express checkout which means that I could leave my room key in my room and call the front desk letting them know I would be vacating. I opted not to because I enjoy talking to people to I went down and checked out the old fashioned way. Everything was smooth and fast. The associate even helped me find my way to the main highway.

Great hotel, if I am ever out in Lexington, I will be staying here again....and bring my husband.

Room Tip: Ground level have less light for those who like it darker at night.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport? Share your experiences!